Pegasus Mail - problem with new email settings
PeteJ1

I have now been notified three times by Verizon that I must change my email port and server settings.  I have now tried to do so three times, each time ending in failure.  I am using Pegasus Mail.  I can enter the changes (incoming - pop.verizon.net, port 995, ssl enabled  -- outgoing - smtp.verizon.net, port 465, ssl enabled) .  These settings simply do not work in Pegasus Mail.  If anybody has Pegasus Mail and found a solution to this problem, please let me know. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Pegasus Mail - problem with new email settings
JacquesRene

I have received the same three emails from Verizon and gone trough the same procedures you did with the same negative results.

Apparently Pegasus mail SSL is not compatible with Verizon's implementation.of it.

I found information on this subject on the Pegasus forum and they are hopeful that the new coming version 5 will fix this.

So, I tried to get in touch with Pegasus and got no response, which is disappointing as I have sent them donations in the past.

There is fix posted on the Pegasus Forum for this problem but it is to esoteric for me. The fix can be seen at:

http://pmail.praktit.se/forums/6/38964/ShowThread.aspx

I called Verizon but they cooperation was minimal and of no use.

Please fix this problem as I have been using Pegasus mail for many decades

Jacques

0 Likes