Problems when using outlook and outlook express, cannot send more than app 100 KB.
Eugene1013

Since app 6 weeks ago we have problems when sending pictures etc, we cannot send more than app 100KB. If we send more there is error code

Socket Error 10053, Error number 0x800CCC0F. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.

I have made no changes to either computer. Restoring the laptop to Nov 2011 made no difference.We use Outlook Exlorer and Outlook.

When I take my laptop to my neighbors house, who has Time Warner, I can send 10MB files without any problems, using the EXACT same settings.

Spending over 2 hours with a very informed Verizon technician on the phone did nothing.

I first blamed our server, turns out the culprit is Verizon. 

Any ideas?

Eugene

0 Likes
Re: Problems when using outlook and outlook express, cannot send more than app 100 KB.
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Morning,

Are you able to send attachments on webmail.verizon.net?

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: Problems when using outlook and outlook express, cannot send more than app 100 KB.
Eugene1013

Thanks for the reply.

Only if they are smaller than app 150KB.

And this may be the or part of the problem: my upload speed is only: 0.15Mb not 5Mb as it was some time ago.

Download is ok at 15Mb.

And I used the optimizer w/o any luck.

And spend 4 hours on the phone.

0 Likes
dimpie

I'm having the same problem.  Cannot send emails from outlook over apprx. 100 kb or upload attachments on any webmail.  This is a verizon issue.  Does anyone have a solution ?

0 Likes
xfactor
Enthusiast - Level 3

in Tools, Accounts, click your default account, then click Properties. Now click the Advanced tab. uncheck, "Break up messages larger than __ kb when sending"

Voila.

0 Likes
Garth3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Break apart messages is not the problem and had nothing to do with limiting outgoing email to certain size. Brreaking messages apart simply divides one big message into smaller parts so that when it reaches the receipent, the email is not rejected because it is too big. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

that's the title of the thread  'Re: Problems when using  outlook and outlook express, cannot send more than app 100 KB.'

Outlook has  limit of 20mb including headers footers signatures backgrounds body attachments  etc..... 

0 Likes