Question about Apple Mail with new settings
abcdefghij1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I followed Verizon's instructions and set up a new account in Mail but kept the old account until I have confidence that the changes work.

When I click on Get New Messages in All Accounts, I get duplicates of each new mesage, one in each account. But sometimes it doesn't do that. For instance, just now a new message went into the old account but not the new one.

Can someone explain why that happens? The preferences are identical in the two accounts except for the required changes. I am concerned that once I delete the old account, I may miss out on receiving some messages.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Question about Apple Mail with new settings
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should do that.  Each email account on your device is considered a different one.  Each account tracks which messages have been downloaded.  If you don't have any account set to download and delete the result is both get the messages.

So if you are satisfied that the new one is working then set it not to be included in mail checking.  Or, if all the messages have been moved to your satisfaction, delete it.

0 Likes
Re: Question about Apple Mail with new settings
abcdefghij1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, but I understand that duplication will occur. My question is why in some instances the new email only goes to one of the accounts.

0 Likes