Remove Yahoo Portal
RDJamison

I wish to remove the Yahoo portal and email control from by Verizon account. Can someone please help? None of the solutions found work for me.

0 Likes
Re: Remove Yahoo Portal
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This one should work for you

0 Likes
RDJamison

Thanks, I tried this, but I'm not using and never installed the Yahoo IE browser. Yahoo is pretty much linked to my email only. If I attempt to read my email at My Verizon, I'm directed to Yahoo.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That is what the recommended solution solves.

So today you go to your vz email and it's redirected to yahoo mail.  

The instructions give you a chance to save your email and contacts first.

Once you make the change, you lose all the yahoo email access, including the email and contacts.  So that is why you want to save them.  Once you finish the change you will be going to a purely verizon email experience free from yahoo.

Go to Solution.

0 Likes
RDJamison

I do not have the "Online Experience" option on my menu. I guess I will try going through support again, hopefully, I can get past the first level. Thanks

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Yes, if you are missing the following section, ACCOUNT > Account Profile > Residential > Jump to "Online Experience" 

And you see Jump to: Billing & Payment Information  | Notifications  | Sub-accounts only, without the online experience, then you should contact verizon, they may have to add it - 

0 Likes