Retaining my VZ email addresses
hms0826
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are moving to South Florida where Verizon service is not available and, therefore, will have to cancel our FiOS residential Internet/TV/Phone.

I am aware that there is away to retain the email addresses for $20/yr. Should I put in the order via the VZ site Before or After I submit an order to have VZ FiOS service canceled?

I do not want to  have the FiOS canceled automatically when I put in the order to retain the email address.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retaining my VZ email addresses
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gotcha. The web form should accomlish the same goal. If you plan to go down that route, sign up for the order to retain your e-mail address (there might even be this option when you fill out the disconnect form) ahead of time. From there, process the disconnection. Keep all request and order forms handy in case a problem does occur.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to submit them both at the same time with the billing rep you speak to when talking online. If you do it after the cancelation request is submitted, you're more likely to run the risk of losing the e-mail address.

0 Likes
hms0826
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the advice. When you mention "talking online" mean on the telephone or by online chat? Either of these is not very easy with Verizon now. There is a web form to fill out which might be easier once I set a termination date.

Thanks.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gotcha. The web form should accomlish the same goal. If you plan to go down that route, sign up for the order to retain your e-mail address (there might even be this option when you fill out the disconnect form) ahead of time. From there, process the disconnection. Keep all request and order forms handy in case a problem does occur.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hms0826,

Use the online form, which you can access from the following link.  You should receive a confirmation email within a day or two.  Do not request a service disconnection until you receive the confirmation that your email account retention request has been confirmed and processed.

http://www.verizon.com/home/utilities/security/#domain-name

0 Likes
john1109

received new Microsoft 10, can not access my email account

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@john1109 wrote:

received new Microsoft 10, can not access my email account

Please see the following topic: