SAVED Email folder lost during move to AOL
oldfords
Enthusiast - Level 1

during verizon's move to aol, my "SAVED" folder content was lost and I can not see anything on aol, is there someway I can get this back, it was very important emails that I need. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: SAVED Email folder lost during move to AOL
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep
For AOL support I provided a link that can address your issue. https://help.aol.com/products/aol-mail
0 Likes
oldfords
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried several times emailing AOL support, No response at all. can you recover my saved emails from verizon servers?

I am tired of dealing with this issue All my saved email folder items I really need. I am at the point of being so upset this happened and No one will help me, I am ready to cancel my services with verizon all together since seems like they are not concerned about customer satisfaction any more....

Please help.

jeffpw1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've lost my folders as well... anyone found solution?

Edisto11
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you still have access to your Verizon mail go to your saved folder and highlight several emails to be saved. Right mouse click and then click on Forward as attachement.  Then send them to yourself at your verizone email address. This will allow you to forward email to youself, which will come into your new AOL account.  You'll get an email with the old emails as an attachent. Not the best way to save the emails but the only way I have found to save old emailed  reciepts and what not from saved folders.

stzee
Enthusiast - Level 1

@oldfords wrote:

during verizon's move to aol, my "SAVED" folder content was lost and I can not see anything on aol, is there someway I can get this back, it was very important emails that I need. Thanks

stzee
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're not the only one............I too have lost ALL of my verizon folders.  Where the hell they went is a mystery to me.   Thanks again Verizon you **bleep**!

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I go here:

https://webmail.verizon.com/signin/LdapBind.jsp#mail_Emails_INBOX

I now get this message:

Good! You have already registered for AOL Mail.

For quicker access go to mail.aol.com and sign in using your new AOL username/password.

Don't forget to bookmark the website for future one click access to your email

Need to login with a different account?

If you don’t get this message then you can assume that your “stuff” is still at the old VZ email

Then the VZ support not the AOL support should help you.

0 Likes
John---___---W
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just went around with IM live support and one level up in supervision.  Have my folders but very few Emails in them.  I did receive a few in several folders, but from 2014.  The case was being made that either my 2007 Outlook or by manual action on my part, the webmail messages were deleted.  I have a field in 2007 Outlook to direct the VZ server to delete.  Except it is not checked.  I then asked supervisor what is Verizon protocol if this is not checked.  Answer: messages would NOT be deleted from server unless done so manually.  I suspect they are pouring so much data from Verizon to AOL that they override any transmission errors.  Then, they apparently do an immediate delete on the VErizon end.  Where it stands, I'm going to contact Federals, and poke CNET to see if many folks are getting this problem.  Resist!!

0 Likes