SPAM DETECTOR USELESS
lsteele1611
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spam Detector is Worthless and needs to be fixed.   As a paid customer receiving numerous spam over and over and forwarding it to the spamnotdetected email is worthless.    I get less spam on both my Yahoo and Gmail accounts.   There spam detectors seem to work and I don't pay for those services.  FIX THIS!

0 Likes
Re: SPAM DETECTOR USELESS
Gquinton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been "teaching" this dumb SPAM detector for weeks, and it still misses 99% of the SPAM. Even ones with identical senders and subjects. Lately 75% to 80% of the mail I get is SPAM that gets through Verizon's so-called filters. And for this we pay a premium price?

0 Likes
lsteele1611
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly,  I'm considering removing email and some other services if this is what the continued service is going to be like.

0 Likes
rorkin

Does anyone at verizon even read this.. I have exhausted filters, spam detector is useless. 7 spam messages a day all at same time. This should be an easy fix if anyone tried

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rorkin wrote:

Does anyone at verizon even read this.. I have exhausted filters, spam detector is useless. 7 spam messages a day all at same time. This should be an easy fix if anyone tried

Not really.  These are peer to peer forums.  An admin reads it but thats all.  Admins will rarely comment unless their is something they feel then can help you with that others can't.

0 Likes
raskal418

Anyone else having issues with their spam detector settings changing to inactive without user consent?

I always had my spam detector activitated so I have no idea who/when this feature became inoperable. I will say though, the last 2 weeks have been spam all the time, all day and night for reasons I don't understand. I didn't  make this feature inactive - it just happend.

I can activate the spam detector under settings but suddely it won't allow me to save the activation. What is going on?

Arrrgh!!!

0 Likes
DSimon64
Enthusiast - Level 2

BEYOND WORTHLESS!!!!!!

It just DOES NOT WORK!!

I get SPAM emails, and then try to forward them back to Verizon for their review, and the email program WILL NOT LET ME - I get an error message saying that the email was detected to be SPAM, and therefore I cannot send it.   BUT IT WAS IN MY EMAIL INBOX TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only ONE explanation for this:  The worthless **bleep** at Verizon have allowed some spammers to PAY to get past the SPAM detector.  How else could it be that emails that the program DOES detect as SPAM are still delivered to my inbox?

Now, if ONE VERIZON **bleep** MOD responds by asking if my spam detector is ON, I think I will drop Verizon for good and all!  I am SICK AND TIRED  of the worthless contempt for customers that is Verizon's business model!

0 Likes
Hobnob123
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems that the Verizon email department may actually be trying to crack down on spammers the last couple of days?  For me, most of the spam that usually gets through has suddenly started being blocked.

Today I had to pull a support response from the Verizon Domains support group out of the SpamDetector folder.  When I tried to respond to them using my Verizon email account it was blocked as spam! ("Server response '550 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam.  Please visit http"//www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.'...") I had to send the response using gmail instead!  No problem there.

Their own support group targeted as spammers, but all the junk from foreign IPs delivered @ 3AM each day slips easily through!  Would be hilarious if it wasn't just plain sad and aggravating...

0 Likes
s88box

I agree with you a 100%.  Verizon's email system leaves a lot to be desired.  I'm being flooded with spam.  Don't you get the feeling that Verizon could care less about their email system.  I've had the spam detector on for weeks and it doesn't do anything.  It's all just a farce. 

0 Likes
peterlatool

Does it even exist?  I've not had one email detected as spam even though I recevie and submit to Verizon at least 3 to 6 per day.  I've tracked these emails to sites and Syria and Egypt and the scammers probably fund activities detrimental to the US.  I know you can't stop all spam, but at least Verizon should try to stop some of them. I set iup a simple test in my email system that catches almost all of them, but the scum bags sending this crap shouldn't be able to get through to anybody.  Verizon sucks, and I don't think they do any more than pay lip service to stopping spam.  After all the only avenue you have to complain is this fourem which I'm shore Verizon doesn't care about.

0 Likes