STOP Running Script errors?
Wrench1

Each time I click - Reply, Forward, action button on my Email it takes along time to load & then gives me the "Stop Running Script Errors" Internet connection may be slow etc...Select-.Yes/Cancel nothing changes though.

0 Likes
Re: STOP Running Script errors?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Try running your browser without addons and make sure you have the latest java updates.

0 Likes
gf_312
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have all the java updates, and no add-ons, but the installer gets lost in the STOP SCRIPTS part.  The title bar of the loader window, when I select to keep scripts running (or when I cancel, too) reads:

Title bar: ss_shell_Title

Verizon Wi-Fi Installation

header

O

subheader

and the O is the circle that just keeps rotating and rotating and rotating and rotating and rotating....

Is there another solution?  Why can't it be a simple sign-in like we do with email addresses instead of some crazy program that doesn't work?

I tried this in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer, with it always doing the same thing...

0 Likes
gf_312
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh, and the follow-up message:

errorheader1 <script type="text/javascript">// document.write(sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errorheader2")); // </script> errorheader2

<script type="text/javascript">// document.write(sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errortext1")); // </script> errortext1

<script type="text/javascript">// document.write(sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errortext2a")); // </script> errortext2a <script type="text/javascript">// if (isDSL) document.write(sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errortext2b")); // </script> <script type="text/javascript">// document.write(sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errortext2c")); // </script> errortext2c <script type="text/javascript">// document.write(sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errortext3")); // </script> errortext3 <script type="text/javascript">// document.write(sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errortext4")); // </script> errortext4
<script type="text/javascript">// document.write(sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errortext5")); // </script> errortext5
<script type="text/javascript">// document.write(sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errortext6")); // </script> errortext6

<script type="text/javascript">// document.write(sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errortext7") + (isDSL ? ' <B>800-567-6789</B> ' : ' <B>888-553-1555</B> ') + sma_loc_GlobalXLate("errortext8")); // </script> errortext7 888-553-1555 errortext8

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@gf_312 wrote:

I have all the java updates, and no add-ons, but the installer gets lost in the STOP SCRIPTS part.  The title bar of the loader window, when I select to keep scripts running (or when I cancel, too) reads:

Title bar: ss_shell_Title

Verizon Wi-Fi Installation

header

O

subheader

and the O is the circle that just keeps rotating and rotating and rotating and rotating and rotating....

Is there another solution?  Why can't it be a simple sign-in like we do with email addresses instead of some crazy program that doesn't work?

I tried this in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer, with it always doing the same thing...

This looks like an issue with the WiFi software, which is not the issue being reported in this thread. I suggest you start a new thread for your different issue. (You may be able to get a Mod to move it for you if you ask them nicely. Smiley Wink )

Nosupport2

I have the same thing all the time. I'm tired of searching for answers to these problems. Why isn't Verizon answering them as it is obviously a problem they have. If it took them this long to get distribution lists how long is the script running errors going to continue. I have all the Java garbage, add-ons off, scipting on-off until I'm blue in the face and I still have the problem with the forever running circle. This email stinks. Period. If you have to be a computer whiz to operate this email it's not worth it. I am computer literate but do not do it for a living and don't think anyone should have to be a computer science major to be able to edit or add a contact, work within a group list, or be constantly interrupted while trying to do so with script errors. In addition, constantly signing in and out of to get anywhere on a Verizon site is moronic.

0 Likes
bpiela

I have a friend who is having this problem.  It is all in that "My Verizon Residential" section of the web page.  If she clicks on an email, it will open in its own tab and have a script problem.  Whether she tries to stop the script or not, going back to her inbox is useless.  It hangs forever loading the emails.  If she logs out and back in and then just clicks on the Unread Messages or View All Emails links, she doesn't have any problems.  So, for her, there is a workaround.  It appears that there is some script that runs when clicking on an email in the My Verizon Residential area of the page that doesn't run when you click on View All Email.  If someone from Verizon could debug that, it would be very nice.

0 Likes
mmike12345467

I have this same issue, presumably due to Verizon's ads on the right-hand side of the page of every opened email.  Regardless of my response to the IE pop-up, their site brings IE to its knees, and I have to close IE and open a new instance to read the next email.  Windows Task Manager confirms that their opened email takes a huge number of CPU cycles.

I have had this problem ever since Verizon forced the "upgrade" to MyVerizon 2.0 a month or so ago.  The fact that this problem has been well-documented for at least the past 5-6 months should tell all users how good Verizon is at service or how much the value their customers!!!

I just got off the phone with their support group, who gave me two options:

1) They would install Mozilla as the browser in place of the industry-standard IE, or

2) They would monkey around with my browser settings to make it work with their site (instead of working on their site to make it compatible with IE!!!) and, in the process, that could cause problems with everything else.

Rolling back to the prior version - which worked well - is not an option.

I filed a trouble ticket with the support people -- {edited for privacy}, but am not holding my breath for a fix.

My next call is to my cable provider, to switch service from Verizon.

0 Likes
hannahm1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issues here as well as others....when I'm typing emails, if I hit return twice (to start a new paragraph), I get knocked off the internet, have no way to save the draft email or even copy and paste it.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I have to be SOOOO careful or I lose the whole message.  Then, I have to sign out, sign back on, rewrite the message and hope it doesn't happen again.  On top of hoping that the Stop Running this Script message doesn't appear.

Also, when the above happens, the type jumps and shifts and I lose the spacing between half the words.  So, if I don't get knocked off, I'm editing all the mistakes Verizon created by shifting something.  

Also, when I called Verizon about the Script thing, the solution was similar - use Mozilla, etc.  If I check my Verizon email at work, Mozilla etc doesn't help b/c I have no control over the work computers systems. 

The whole thing is a mess.  I'm thinking of switching as well.

NewFIOSAug2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problems. It also gets hung up when selecting contacts while writing an email, gets hung up when editing emails, and seems ultra sensitive to any of the common elements of writing an email. . I am starting to use other email systems and considering dropping the whole FIOS package I have if they can't get a basic email system to work acceptably.

0 Likes