Security Challange Broke
wings515
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a sub account that now requires a answer to a challenge question. I forgot the answer to this question so I followed the link to retrieve a new PIN. The page allowed three selections for the retrieval. The first was an email address that was current 22 years ago and therefore not valid. I selected to call the number listed, which happen to be my home land line. After 24 hours I still had not received a return call. The third was a snail mail letter. After calling VZ for email help, the first transfer for email dropped the call. The second try stated the number was not a working number. The third try got a person in a foreign country. I requested to speak to someone in the USA and was told I would be transferred to a "supervisor". After being on hold for 20 minutes I hung up. Looking to get this problem solved, I called again but this time I started at Billing. That gets you to a USA person. I asked to be transferred to email support. To make a long, long story short, they could not reset the challenge question and I can not edit My Services question in my primary account. It will not even allow me to enter a new answer. This has been going on for two days now. All I have is a case number and no way to read my sub account emails. Could this be the solution is not forthcoming?

0 Likes
Re: Security Challange Broke
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes