Security warning appears when trying to log into e-mail
missy608

I've been trying to log into my e-mail account, but got a security warning: 

Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.

Is it safe to continue?  What is this all about?  Has anyone else experienced this, too?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Security warning appears when trying to log into e-mail
gds158

I am getting that message also. Suggest you call FIOS support.

In the meantime if you log on with IE , you will not get the message

0 Likes
dcadcb

I too am getting this message. Never had it before today. I am to sure what Verizon has changed but they changed something. I only get the message in Firebox which is strange. Please fix the problem it is very annoying.

0 Likes
psainz

my father and I are getting it too...I think verizon updated their certficates and did not submit them to firefox or something...its on old outdated certificate issue.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@psainz wrote:

my father and I are getting it too...I think verizon updated their certficates and did not submit them to firefox or something...its on old outdated certificate issue.

1. New site certificates don't need to be sent to firefox.  Doesn't work that way.
  2. Outdated certificates don't cause the error being mentioned.
0 Likes
KaptainKovina

I am getting this message too. It is not limited to Firefox, I am getting the same message (sometimes the box and wording is a little different) in Safari and even Opera. My elderly mother called me from the the other side of California confused about what to do and how to access her emails. I know that it is not my computer, I have five with different operating systems and browsers. The last time I called Verizon tech support they ran me around in circles for almost two hours and after I spent the next week complaining to anyone that I could find in customer relations they finally called me back and said they had a problem with their server and it was not my fault after all. The official response to me was "We are sorry you had that problem, we will look into it." I would not be surprised that the solution that Verizon comes up to fix this problem is to install (buy) their "security suite" and this problem will be magically  fixed.

0 Likes
pgb3

I am getting the same security alert. Verizon tech help was of no help at all. Pushed the fault to Firefox. I tried the login URLs suggested by one comment posted to this thread - no luck. Still getting the security prompt:

Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.

Does anyone know of a solution?

0 Likes
KaptainKovina

Well it finally stopped doing popping up with that message. I guess Verizon figured out what the problem was.

0 Likes