Sending emails from my cell phone
Cindy0425

Is anyone experiencing issues sending emails through their cell?  Since I check my emails quite often on my cell phone, LG G2, I recently (about a month or two) have run into an issue that when I reply it sits in the Outbox and then eventually fails.  I keep resending and I can eventually get it to send.  I am having this problem from home and work, but I know I was always able to send from both locations in the past.  Has Verizon changed something?  It's very frustrating because as I said I do use my phone frequently for my email correspondence.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Sending emails from my cell phone
AndyCV

Are you trying to use native Android Email or Verizon's My FiOS app that has email support for @verizon.net accounts? Maybe you can try to login on your laptop and ensure your password is correct.

0 Likes
Cindy04251

Andy,

Thanks for the response.  I'm not really sure but I don't thnk I'm using Fios.  What do you mean by logging in on my computer and making sure my password is correct.  I can access my email on my computer and reply without any issues.  It's just when I try to reply through my phone.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you perhaps a Yahoo email users?  For such the userid now requires @verizon.net be added to it.  This is not true for those not using the Yahoo email interface.

Othewise just check your email settings

Server settings/ incoming settings

Email address: xxxxx@verizon.net

username: xxxxx (yahoo users use xxxxx@verizon.net)

password: yyyyy

pop3 server: pop.verizon.net  (yahoo users use incoming.yahoo.verizon.net)

security type: SSL

port: 995

delete email from server:  (your choice) i have mine set to when deleted from phone.

Server setting/outgoing settings

SMTP server: smtp.verizon.net (yahoo users use outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net)

Security type: SSL

Port: 465

Require Signin checked

username: xxxxx (yahoo users use xxxxx@verizon.net)

password: yyyyy

0 Likes
Cindy04251

Thanks!  I'll try that and let you know.

0 Likes
Cindy04251

First I am not a Yahoo user

I checked the setting on my phone and this is what it has.  I didn't want to change anything in fear I would really screw it up.

Incoming

POP/IMAP server:  incoming.verizon.net

Email type  POP3

security type:  off

port:  110

Outgoing

SMTP server:  outgoing.verizon.net

Security type:  off

Port:  587

I'm not having problems with my incoming.  Just my outgoing.  Do you think I should stop by a Verizon store and have them check my settings?  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Change the settings to the ones I showed.  They are shutting down or have already  shut down incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net

See http://www.verizon.com/emailsettings

0 Likes