Set up Verizon Email Client on ATT U-Verse Server
Vwowens
I am trying to setup Outlook 2010 Verizon Email Client on my ATT U-Verse ISP. I have online chatted with both ISP and went to both websites to get proper setting configuration. Nothing the tech support recommended has worked. I need expert help beyond here are the settings. I recently upgraded my ATT router to a new one that has the name ATTxxxxxxx as compared to the traditional name of 2WIRExxx. Since the change my existing settings in Outlook 2010 did not work. Any ideas ?
0 Likes
Re: Set up Verizon Email Client on ATT U-Verse Server
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
Re: Set up Verizon Email Client on ATT U-Verse Server
Vwowens

Hello,

I tried all of these settings several times making sure there were no errors in my typing.  What I am finding out is that ATT blocks access to other competitor severs thru their ATT servers.  While I had this access before I changed ATT router equipment, I don't understand what happen.  I was told by the ATT customer retention person that I would have everything the same before the new equipment, new account #, etc.  While I know we did not specifically discuss my Outlook 2010 client access to my Verizon email account across the ATT servers, I am baffled.

Seems to me there must be some type of work around outside of using Verizon Webmail all the time as if I am away from home.  I like downloading my messages to my local PC for reference.

I appreciate the attempt, but I am pushing the envelope to make it work while ATT appears to block Verizon server access.

0 Likes