Settings good Email won't go to devices nobody believes me
treerope

Has anybody heard of this problem.? Directly after ending my yahoo partnerhip on Wednesday I can't access email with any third party application.  I can use verizon.net to access email without a problem.  But not cell,phone,outlook apple mail, or ipad.  Also I can access sub accounts with these applications, but just not my primary.  

The issue is not settings!  My settings have be checked remotely by techs twice, and I've spoke with Apple.

All the evidence points to a problem with verizon system. 

Multiple phone calls and work tickets and I still can't access. 

Any suggestions how I might go about resloving this issue?

Thanks,

Ethan

0 Likes
Re: Settings good Email won't go to devices nobody believes me
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi treerope,  

Can you elaborate, who the tickets are with?  Verizon or Apple?  Have you spoken to a Verizon Tech regarding this issue?

0 Likes
treerope

Two tickets were put in with verizon, one came back in error as resolved , one is in now so I am hopeful.  But given the number of attempts I have made with techs who I can't seem to make understand the problem I am reaching out to this forum.

I have spoken to about five techs at verizon.  Ten if you count live chat.

I have been told repeatedly that if I can use webmail, then the only problem is my settings or device.  There is no evidence there is a problm with my setting or device, plenty of evidence that they are fine and that there is a verizon system problem.

Sorry if I sound testy but I've spent way too much time on this already.  I would just ditch the account, but that is a poor option given how central it has become to both my work and social life.

Thanks

Ethan

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Please keep us updated, whether your issue is resolved or not.  ðŸ™‚  

0 Likes
treerope
Happily Verizon has fixed the problem. It took way too much effort on my part. Everybody at Verizon that I talked to seemed nice, but there seems to be a culture that refuses to address a Verizon system problem unless the customer is unbelievably persistent.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@treerope wrote:
Happily Verizon has fixed the problem. It took way too much effort on my part. Everybody at Verizon that I talked to seemed nice, but there seems to be a culture that refuses to address a Verizon system problem unless the customer is unbelievably persistent.

Do you have any idea what Verizon did to actually fix it? It might help someone else if they have the problem you did.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
treerope
Unfortunately not. I was curious myself but missed the callback from Verizon. I don't know anything about computers but it seems like when they cut the port to yahoo they just cut the port entirely.
0 Likes