Sick of constant spam and hijacking.
xvqgdr6

I'm getting fed up with Verizon's lousy email system.  I am constantly bombarded by spam, even though I send every spam to the filter every day.  They keep coming back.  Already today, I've sent 18 spams to the spam filter for just the past 12 hours.  I'm also fed up with having my account hijacked.  I've changed my password numerous times, but it keeps happening.  Fortunately, I have other email accounts with other carriers which do a good job of fending off spam and hijackers that I can rely on for my important emails. 

0 Likes
Re: Sick of constant spam and hijacking.
xvqgdr6

I meant to add that I do have the spam filter turned on and that it does catch some spams, just not nearly enough. 

0 Likes
Re: Sick of constant spam and hijacking.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, I haven't noticed any unusual spamming going on with my account, so I can only tell you what I think are best practices, I found these somewhere on the net a long time ago and I follow them as closely as I can, and it's served me well.   You are doing the right thing with the spam button, but you may want to add two things, and then also try to see how closely your email behaviors follow with the ten suggestions below.   

For your immediate problem though, try using a combination of block sender and making rules to fix the spam issue. 

1. You should start reporting the spam with a spam button in the webmail client
  2. Forward spam emails that were not caught to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net
  3. Set your e-mail filter. An e-mail filter and spam blocking software are absolutely critical. Set these security measures to update automatically to ensure that you are protected from the latest threats.
  4. NEVER reply to spam. Replying to spam, even to "unsubscribe," could set you up for more spam.
  5. Protect your e-mail address and instant message ID. If you must post this information online, set up two identities, one for real use and one for online activities.
  6. Be wary of e-mail attachments. Change the settings on your e-mail program so that images and attachments are not opened automatically. Only open attachments from users known to you.
  7. Watch out for phishing scams. Don't click on links in e-mails or instant messages unless the sender is known to you. Instead, open a separate web browser and visit the site directly.
  8. Create smart and strong passwords. Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
  9. Never enter your personal information in a pop-up window. You may not be able to tell when a scammer has hijacked a seemingly legitimate site.
  10. Don't fill out online surveys, or register for contests or fan clubs. These may be fronts for spammers trying to collect your e-mail address