Spam Detector is Useless
byroni101
Enthusiast - Level 1

If anyone from Verizon reads these forum posts I want them to hear that for me the Spam detector seems useless.  I have the detector on, have forwarded email to spamdetector.update@verizon.net and still get tons of spam messages.  I have a few other online email accts, but Verizon's spam detection is the worst.  Is there anything else I can do besides forward my spams to the spam detector addy.  does anyone at spam detector acually do anything?

Re: Spam Detector is Useless
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They don't read them, accept for some admins who have a different job.  The Spam Detector people actually work for a company that Verizon Outsources to.  Yes something may happen when you forward spam, but since it works different than most people think, its often slow for anything to showup.  They are looking for algorithms to detect the new spam that gets through.  They are not just creating lists of addresses, etc, to block as that scheme has been found not to work as spammers are constantly changing such things.

0 Likes
spam4
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I send emails to spam, why dosen't Verizon block future emails from same address? I must get 50 spam emails a day.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you get more than one email from a single address.   These days most spammers change them EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE.

0 Likes
ehmyers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just want to agree. The Spam detector is probably the worst I have ever encountered. It constantly filters email that is legit and then you have to put that in an allow list. It lets every incredibly obvious piece of spam through. It seems at one time it did work ok but these days any money Verizon is spending to whoever is running the Spam service is like them flushing money down the toilet.

0 Likes
planopete
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any other way to get spam deleted, even switching to another email application for my android devices? 

0 Likes