Spam Detector will not activate and acct. managemen problem
poetshep
Enthusiast - Level 2

I transferred from the Yahoo portal to VERIZON about 3 weeks ago. My main account and one sub-account transferred but not without problems. I can not seem to make changes on the sub-account management menu to set the "enable Spam Detector"

on the old sub-account nor disable the Vacation reply on the main account.

I have created a new sub account which is recognized when I sign into it except when I try to use email I get the message "Account is not recognized in the system".

I have called VERIZON probably 4 times and at least twice have had the tech reps. take charge on my computer screen and verify the problem. I continually get the comment ....this will be fixed within 48 hours.  When I got to the account menu and select trouble ticket  I am given a fix date which has been modified at least 3 times. Here it is 2 full weeks later and as of 9/22/2011 when I post this, the schedule solution date last  given me which was 9/17/2011 by 5:00 PM is long past.

I am  truly sorry I ever asked to be switched from the Yahoo-Verizon portal directly to Verizon.

Can anyone direct me to the right contact at VERIZON who can help ??? 

Re: Spam Detector will not activate and acct. managemen problem
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We are the right contact! I am sorry to hear about the frustration you are having with your email. I have sent you a private message so I can get some more information to further be able to help you.

0 Likes
cduffer2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am very sorry for the problems that you are having. I have sent you a private email on ways to solve your problem. Yep I did get one of those too.........spare me!

0 Likes
jdhayes117

I am also having the same problem with the Spam Detector settings. I keep trying to set it "On" for a sub account and when I save, I get a message that says "Unable to Save". 

Sending a private reply to a community member, without posting a solution, does the rest of us no good...

0 Likes
poetshep
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've only part of my problem solved.   I still CAN NOT activate spam detector. So no solution to post !

0 Likes
reikiferret

I am having the same problem with my subaccount.  If and when I am able to turn the spam detector on, I am then told I cannot save the settings.  Very frustrating.  

0 Likes
redika7

Hello,

I too am having Spam Detector problems...I cannot even locate the radio button to activate it. 

Yes, I went to the"settings" next to email in My Profile

and pretty much every where else I could think of to find it.

I must have "opted out"? At least that is what the automated reply told me. 
SO, how do I change that?

I am getting so many spam every day that my next step will be to find another email provider.

No threat meant just tired of all the spam,

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Jewel N

0 Likes
aerowire

did anthony ever fix this?

0 Likes
Helvetica

4 months after the first post... it's still not fixed. The spam filter was on by default on the primary account but not on the three sub-accounts we have. The spam filter can selected but not saved, I get the message "unable to update spam detector settings."

0 Likes
aerowire

and I called in yesterday just to have the agent on the phone tell me "they're updating the system" and it should be fixed soon. such **bleep** when some guy at a call center in India claims to have knowlege of what the development team is planning.

i even pressed the guy to see if he was saying that because of some bullitin or something and he admitted he was just giving uninformed excuses.

verizon would do well to take a lesson from apple and pay attention to specific issues raised on the support forums!

0 Likes