Spam detector
shellseeker123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have now spent over 1 hour trying to send an email to someone I've been doing business with for several years. This is the 1st time I have received that spam message. Two words FIX IT. It is not protecting me from receiving spam it is only giving me a pain. You are over stepping your bounds----------------I do not need you reading my outgoing mail. 

Re: Spam detector
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

They're not overstepping their bounds if you're using their mail servers and anti-spam appliances/software they run think it is spam. If you're on their network using their servers, you're at the mercy of their anti-spam policies. It's the same way everywhere else who has mail servers that are not on global blacklists 🙂

If you haven't had luck with sending out the message, I'd take a quick look for anything in the message that might be getting it flagged for spam. Other than that, I'm counting this on being a fluke at the moment.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@shellseeker123 wrote:

I have now spent over 1 hour trying to send an email to someone I've been doing business with for several years. This is the 1st time I have received that spam message. Two words FIX IT. It is not protecting me from receiving spam it is only giving me a pain. You are over stepping your bounds----------------I do not need you reading my outgoing mail. 

I have the opposite. My inbound spam has increased ten fold. But I DO AGREE IN REGARDS TO PRIVACY! What you sent us your business, unless  it is being sent repeatedly to multiple people. Now I can see where that may be spam. I have even hear of Verizon blocking a monthy news letter because it goes out to the same list.Smiley Frustrated

kakingsbury
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem with a Word document attachment I was trying to send.  Something I routinely do for this particular recipient and never had problems in the past.  This particular one just would not send because it was determined to be spam. The only way I was able to send it (after hours of other attempts) was to send it in a zipped folder.  Go figure.