Spam email
aldiobilda1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to block spam email?  I keep getting emails over and over from the same exact address, and empty the spam folder and probably the next time I go to my email, there's at least one more from the same exact place.  HELP!  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Spam email
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has a antispam option you can turn on.  You can also write some rules. And you can set a list of blocked email addresses. Note there are lots of complaints about the spam filter not catching some spam.

https://mail.verizon.com/webmail/driver?nimlet=showmessages&view=emails#options_Email_SpamDetector

aldiobilda1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  It does catch "a lot" of the spam and put it in the spam folder, but I guess what I am asking is why then, doesn't it block those addresses from future spam at all?  Very frustrating.  Appreciate guidance on how I can block email addresses going forward.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a option to delete the spam detected rather than put it in the spam folder.  Unfortunatley it has the bad side effect of deleting good email that is mistaken for spam.

aldiobilda1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I don't want to delete without seeing who it is from, as sometimes REAL mail goes right to the Spam folder.

If I delete from my inbox, rather than put it in the SPAM folder and then delete, will it block the address?

Thank you.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remember mostly peers, such as myself, here.  With the exception of a few forums here, its all meant to be peer to peer assistance.  The few actual Verizon people are suppose to have a Verizon logo attached to their signatures and most of those are just web admins, not support.

The exact technique of the antispam support is not documented.  It IS NOT simply address blocking as many spammers are constantly changing their addresses.  They look for some sort of pattern to block.  If you mark a email as spam in your webmail inbox it is sent to the support team.  If you use a email client, you can send a copy to:

spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net

for them to examine.  They don't acknowledge if they take any action based on spam you have flagged.

0 Likes
aldiobilda1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not real tech savvy, and appreciate your help.  It just seems like I consistently get spam from the same spammers.  If I've gotten one replica watch email, I've gotten at least 500!  And I know others spam emails as well.  Again, thank you!

0 Likes
BulldogOwner
Enthusiast - Level 1

The SPAM Filter is worthless...at least for me and several other Verizon users in this forum. 

Add me to the list of long time Verizon users who protected his email...but in the last several months SPAM has been pounding my email...and the SPAM Filter does not work. 

I continually mark email as SPAM but the exact same email continues to get through the SPAM filter into my inbox. 

My Outlook was able to detect the SPAM without any assistance from me but that doesn't keep it from ending up on my iPhone or iPad...all because the Verizon SPAM Filter is worthless...in my opinion. 

When will Verizon take note? 

0 Likes