Spam emails
joeyskins

Has anybody been getting excessive spam emails lately. Does anyone know a quick method off stopping them other than marking them as spam? They seem to be able to get around that.

0 Likes
Re: Spam emails
Leo_J

I have been receiving a boat-load of spam.  The same crappity-crap but a # has been added to the sender so that if I block one the next 10,000 can get through. 

Also, the subject has added to it my Eddress!  A major problem occurs when you send an email if people forward this and don't use Bcc... then your Eddress goes to the WORLD.   [This I don't know how to get around]

I am going to ask Verizon to block ALL emails that have my Eddress in the subject or a number in the from/sender.

r/ Leo J

0 Likes
Re: Spam emails - HOW TO STOP SPAM EMAILS (VERIZON)
Revdonbattle

@Leo_J wrote:

I have been receiving a boat-load of spam.  The same crappity-crap but a # has been added to the sender so that if I block one the next 10,000 can get through. 

Also, the subject has added to it my Eddress!  A major problem occurs when you send an email if people forward this and don't use Bcc... then your Eddress goes to the WORLD.   [This I don't know how to get around]

I am going to ask Verizon to block ALL emails that have my Eddress in the subject or a number in the from/sender.

r/ Leo J

HOW TO STOP SPAM EMAILS (VERIZON) - DATE: 9-25-15

BY: {edited for privacy}

Praise the Lord! I have discovered how to stop the Verizon Email system: unwanted spam emails. Legitimate emails will show your email address. Most spam emails will not. Perform the following steps and make necessary changes to your email system. Most of the spam emails should stop within 3 days.

1) UPDATE SETTING OPTION WITH YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS.

2) CHANGED SETTING ON SPAM FILTER FOR INCOMING EMAILS: IF TO: DOES NOT CONTAIN YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, THE EMAIL WILL BE DELETED. SET THE TO: DELETE IF NO EMAIL ADDRESS TO… EXAMPLE: TO: your-email@verizon.net MUST SHOW…

3) UPDATE SPAM DETECTOR: SELECT ON AND ACTIVE: THEN SELECT DELETE INCOMING SPAM…

4) EMPTY / DELETE THE SPAM EMAIL FOLDER.

0 Likes
Re: Spam emails - HOW TO STOP SPAM EMAILS (VERIZON)
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I happen to send and receive lots of email using BCC.  So your solution doesn't work for me.  I have friends who don't want their email known to every one else.

0 Likes