Spam list
affableman

Just wondering if Verizon has any IP they assign via DHCP that aren't on some spam list?

I've had Verizon change my IP more times than I care to remember because when I sent emails, one spam list server or another rejects them.

When I've had the IP changed, all it does is take my IP off one spam list but it shows up on another and I've contacted most of them and they all say only Verizon can fix this.

So, my question is the above as well as is Verizon trying to get any of their IPs they assign off of spam lists?

If not, I'm ready to go to Time-Warner and take all my IT clients with me...

0 Likes
Re: Spam list
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@affableman wrote:

Just wondering if Verizon has any IP they assign via DHCP that aren't on some spam list?

I've had Verizon change my IP more times than I care to remember because when I sent emails, one spam list server or another rejects them.

When I've had the IP changed, all it does is take my IP off one spam list but it shows up on another and I've contacted most of them and they all say only Verizon can fix this.

So, my question is the above as well as is Verizon trying to get any of their IPs they assign off of spam lists?

If not, I'm ready to go to Time-Warner and take all my IT clients with me...

If you are sending out messages via the Verizon servers, then those are the IP addresses being blocked, not your personal IP address.

If you are running some sort of mail server and sending via your home IP address, then the fix is to get a static IP address. Most spam lists automatically block dynamically assigned IP addresses.

0 Likes
affableman

I'm not doing any of those things.  Hell, I've been doing IT since 1985.

Verizon has many of the IP's they hand out via DHCP on spam lists and they make no effort to get them off.

Three IPs in the last month, all are on spam lists the moment I get a new one.  Call them up, tell them the problem and they give me a new IP that's on a spam list.

What's the point of calling them if they're just going to give you another dirty IP?

About ready to move to Time-Warner or another provider as this is just boneheaded but then again, it's Verizon.  The company that fired all its' engineers and hired clerks.

It's gotten to the point with my clients that I have to tell Verizon how to fix their own problems.

That's pathetic...

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@affableman wrote:

I'm not doing any of those things.  Hell, I've been doing IT since 1985.

Verizon has many of the IP's they hand out via DHCP on spam lists and they make no effort to get them off.

Three IPs in the last month, all are on spam lists the moment I get a new one.  Call them up, tell them the problem and they give me a new IP that's on a spam list.

What's the point of calling them if they're just going to give you another dirty IP?

About ready to move to Time-Warner or another provider as this is just boneheaded but then again, it's Verizon.  The company that fired all its' engineers and hired clerks.

It's gotten to the point with my clients that I have to tell Verizon how to fix their own problems.

That's pathetic...

How are you "not doing any of those things"??? If you are sending mail from your home, you are doing one of the following:

1. Using Verizon's mail servers.

- This would mean it's the IP of Verizon's mail server that is blocked, not your personal IP address.

2. Using a third party mail server.

- This would mean it's the IP of the third party's mail server that is blocked, not your personal IP address.

3. Using a mail server from your home.

- This would mean you are trying to send out mail from a server on a dynamic IP address, which is blocked by most providers. (This is also technically against the Terms of Service.)

Please clarify what exactly it is that you are being blocked from doing, and maybe someone here can help you find a way to do it. Any relevant error messages/bouncebacks (with any personal information blocked/removed) would be helpful.

0 Likes