SpamDetector usesless
fyrisle

SpamDetector detects little spam. The tools we use at work to intercept spam intercepts 99% of the spam while SpamDetector has been intercepting less than 10% of my spam in the past year. I have communicated with Verizon support and they have me submit it to  spamdetector.update@verizon.net, abuse@verizon.net. I previously submmitted it to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net. None of these have helped so we are considerring another e-mail provider after our contract with Verizon ends. Are there any other options we can try to stop spam?

0 Likes
Re: SpamDetector usesless
Techman28
Master - Level 1

how do you get your email is it just webmail only or through a mail client. I get mine through outlook 2010 and use mail rules within the client to mitigate spam.

That's the route I would go

0 Likes
fyrisle

Outlook is probably a good option but I don't use it because I access if from multiple machines and I have the impression that e-mail that was read on one machine would appear as unread on another. Maybe I would have to settle for this.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

in outlook all you have to do is set to save a copy on the server and then any mail client you have will pull the email that is on the webmail service

File, account settings, Email accounts double click, advanced, and its at the bottom to save a copy on the server

0 Likes
fyrisle

Thanks Techman28. I'll give it a try.

0 Likes
fyrisle

Outlook does look to filter out most of the spam. Thanks.

0 Likes
amatt8

Generally the Spam Filter worked for the most part until just recently---around the time that Verizon announced it was selling its wired operation here in Florida.  I believe V has given up doing any kind of maintenance or upgrades now that they have a pending sale. 

0 Likes