Spellcheck on e-mail
olkr
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's up with the spell check feature on e-mail? The dictionary looks to be on a second grade level. It seemingly can't indentify words with over three - four letters?

This is very basic guys..............how can I fix this? Can I at least add words to the dictionary that I know are correct?

0 Likes
Re: Spellcheck on e-mail
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry that you are having troubles with the spell checker. I just checked it and it did capture many 4-5 syllable words I purposely misspelled. Can you please provide some examples of misspelled words it is not picking up? Also I apologize but there is no custom user defined database where you can submit your own words to the spell checker. Best you can do is to click ignore for those words.

Re: Spellchecker on e-mail
PaulBab

I go into settings,click on the radio dial to "on"for spell check before sending an e-mail,I'll get out of settings,then go back,it default to "off"

0 Likes
PATTIPERK

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT I CAN DO.  YOUR SPELL CHECK HIGHLIGHTS EVEN WORDS THAT ARE RIGHT.  I HAD TO SHUT OFF SPELL CHECK BECAUSE IT TOOK LONGER TO GO THROUGH WHAT IT CALLED ERRORS AND IT TOOK LONGER THAN COMPOSING THE EMAIL.  IF THERE SOME WAY I CAN USE SPELL CHECK ON INDIVIDUAL EMAIL BASIS.  PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE   CHECK INTO THIS NUISANCE AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@PATTIPERK wrote:

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT I CAN DO.  YOUR SPELL CHECK HIGHLIGHTS EVEN WORDS THAT ARE RIGHT.  I HAD TO SHUT OFF SPELL CHECK BECAUSE IT TOOK LONGER TO GO THROUGH WHAT IT CALLED ERRORS AND IT TOOK LONGER THAN COMPOSING THE EMAIL.  IF THERE SOME WAY I CAN USE SPELL CHECK ON INDIVIDUAL EMAIL BASIS.  PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE   CHECK INTO THIS NUISANCE AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

I still have yet to see this happen. Can you please give some examples of words that the spell checker is marking incorrect for you? I would like to duplicate it on my computer and see if I can poke around a bit...

0 Likes
Re: Spellchecker on e-mail
wsabey

Thanks for the tip on Settings- It took me a while to find it in the Display section of General Settings.

I was looking under email settings and couldn't find it! 🙂

0 Likes