Sub Account e-mail lock-out
whereismcgee

One of my "sub" email accounts is locked due to excessive failed attempts. When prompted to change password & security question - it is defaulting to my PRIMARY account NOT my SUB account.  I cannot affect any changes through web page sub-account management options (which are very limitied).

I have been on-hold for telephone support for 1/2 an hour and don't expect to get through in this millenia - so any help in escalating this to an online tech would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Sub Account e-mail lock-out
Justin46
Legend

@whereismcgee wrote:

One of my "sub" email accounts is locked due to excessive failed attempts. When prompted to change password & security question - it is defaulting to my PRIMARY account NOT my SUB account.  I cannot affect any changes through web page sub-account management options (which are very limitied).

I have been on-hold for telephone support for 1/2 an hour and don't expect to get through in this millenia - so any help in escalating this to an online tech would be appreciated.

I posted the answer below to a very similar question in mid-May:

I have an email sub account that was apparently locked about two to three weeks ago. It is not a critical email address for me so I didn't bother to do anything about it. Yesterday I received a letter from Verizon telling me one of my accounts was locked (did not identify which account, but of course I knew which one). For a sub account the letter said to call 1-888-976-9143 Monday through Friday 8 am until 11 pm Eastern time. I called, was answered within a minute or so, had to answer some questions to verify my id, and got the account unlocked and a temporary password assigned. I tested accessing the account and promply got about 40 emails from that account so knew it was working. Took about 10 minutes or so, the agent was very helpful.

I don't know if the above will help you, but I hope so.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
FrissyGirl

I am having the same problem - I can't get my spouses account unlocked ... everytime that I enter the information it asks for to unlock it, I am reverted back to my primary account ... On time I decided that maybe changing my password and entering the info would help, next thing I know I was taken to the Verizon Wireless site!!! I need help!!!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Go here:
https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/alternateAuth/altChoice.jsp

That should allow you to reset the sub account by answering the Secret Question. Select password for what you forgot, put in the username of the sub account you want to reset, then answer the sub account's secret question correctly.

Keep in mind that NONE of the "forgot password" links on Verizon sites point to this page. There is no way to get to this particular flow other than going directly to https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/alternateAuth/altChoice.jsp

0 Likes