Sub-account user id rules
johnrscreenname

I'm trying to create a sub-account but I keep getting a message that the names I choose are invalid.  I know that there are rules for passwords and for sub account names, and I am following those rules.  I'm not talking about already used names, like "John" -- that gets me the error message that the name is already being used.

I know that the "-" or the "_" or the "." can be used.There is a minimum (6) and maximum (30) limit on the number of characters in the name.  If I follow all of those rules, why would it be invalid if it is not already in use by another user?

image.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Sub-account user id rules
johnrscreenname

More fascinating research on the user name issue on VERIZON subaccounts:  Please see attached images below for proof.  Although the use of two dots or periods (".") is explicitly allowed, every time I attempt to choose a name with two dots or periods I receive an invalid name message.  Unless the name is already in use, in which case I receive a message that the name is already taken.  VERIZON needs to fix this programming glitch.  Let us create names with two periods/dots again.

image.

0 Likes
Re: Sub-account user id rules
johnrscreenname

I wanted to share my results with the community here. Verizon is asserting that there is an apperently unwritten rule about special characters requiring a separation of two letters or numbers betwen them. 

"One of the parameters of alias/username creation was two special characters, whether they be periods or underscores (._) 

cannot be next to each otheror separated by only one character.  The actual glitch occurred which allowed it to be created originally.  That format should not work on our portal."

Maybe Verizon will add that to the list of rules.

0 Likes