Subaccount emails no longer working after removing yahoo from verizon
rainrain1
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I originally had the yahoo portal linked with my verizon account. Due to intermittent issues with outlook 07, I decided to completely remove yahoo from the account. I logged into the verizon website with the main account and removed yahoo without a problem. At this point everything was working fine on my main email and I was able to get outlook working again.

The problem is that all the sub-emails are no longer working correctly and are still being associated with yahoo even though I removed the yahoo portal from the main account. When I log onto one of the subaccounts through the verizon website and go to the email section, it just links me back to the yahoo/verizon login page.

All I want is to be able to use the sub-accounts with verizon webmail and not keep getting sent back to the yahoo login screen.

Any ideas?

Re: Subaccount emails no longer working after removing yahoo from verizon
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Tech support should be able to get them un-linked for you. They're supposed to follow the primary, but if it didn't work it may require manual intervention.

RET63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem with my email sub-accounts.  Were you able to get the issue corrected?

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

if they did not follow the primary then we have to manually remove them from yahoo....in any case keep in mind when removing yahoo you end up losing emails and or contacts if your only using webmail but if your using outlook or a pop client then your fine

RET63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Techman28,

I've had two Verizon support people tell me the same thing.  Unfortunately, neither of them followed through and "manually" removed the Yahoo connection.  Is it within your power to manually remove Yahoo from accounts?  If so, I will provide the details of the sub-accounts via PM.

Also, I have all my contacts and emails saved.

Appreciate whatever you can do to rectify the issue.

Techman28
Master - Level 1

yes I can have it done if that's what you want

RET63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Techman28,

Thank you for the fast, friendly and expert service.  Job done!  You're the best!

Techman28
Master - Level 1

np anytime glad I was able to help ya out

pedeeds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech Man, you may be the only one at VZ that can solve this problem. Like the others I deleted my Verizon/Yahoo acct. My primary acct is fine, but when I sign in using my 7 sub accounts, I'm told that I'm using Yahoo and when I click on the Yahoo link, it tells me my Yahoo act has been cancelled by the primary. You can view my original post on 7/28 under email. I would be forever in your debt. I'm pretty frustrated. Thanks for any help. {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

I sent you a PM on this one to get it fixed

0 Likes