Terms of Service From AOL - I have Verizon Yahoo
farandaway

I got an email today at my verizon.net address asking me to accept the new Oath terms of service.   This was an email from AOL; previous emails with the same content were all Yahoo emails.  I accepted the terms of service several times for my Yahoo accounts.  

My verizon.net email was a Verizon Yahoo account, so it was not migrated to AOL.   When I received the email from AOL asking me once again to accept the new terms of service, I could not do so because in order to respond, AOL migration was necessary.  I could not log into AOL because I did not migrate my account.   Catch 22...

Should I just ignore the AOL email, as I have already accepted the new terms of service for my Verizon Yahoo account by responding to a previous email from Yahoo, or is something else needed?  Is this a blanket email to all verizon.net addressees?

0 Likes
Re: Terms of Service From AOL - I have Verizon Yahoo
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

NO you cannot ignore it.

Oath is a new entity created to combine AOL and Yahoo.  within Verizon.

Now the privacy policy may decide you to abandon your VERIZON email. 

• Information You Provide to Us. We may collect the information that you provide to us, such as: 
    • When you create an account with an Oath Service or brand. (Please note, when your use our Services, we may recognize you or your devices even if you are not signed in to our Services.)  Oath may use device IDs, cookies, and other signals, including information obtained from third parties, to associate accounts and/or devices with you.  
    • When you use our Services to communicate with others or post, upload or store content (such as comments, photos, voice inputs, videos, emails, messaging services and attachments).
    • Oath analyzes and stores all communications content, including email content from incoming and outgoing mail.  This allows us to deliver, personalize and develop relevant features, content, advertising and Services.
    • When you otherwise use our Services, such as title queries, watch history, page views, search queries, view the content we make available and install any Oath software such as plugins.
    • When you sign up for paid Services, use Services that require your financial information or complete transactions with us or our business partners, we may collect your payment and billing information.
0 Likes
warwick1
Enthusiast - Level 3

This response does not address the question.   If a user cannot respond to AOL, what is to be done?

0 Likes
farandaway

@tns2, your reply does not address the issue at all, and is not helpful in the least.

Verizon Yahoo users were instructed not to migrate to AOL, probably because they were already on a Yahoo platform with Yahoo servers.

However, the email on the Terms of Service from AOL requires migration to AOL.   You cannot log in to accept the terms withouit an AOL account.  Verizon CS stated that Verizon Yahoo users were not to migrate their accounts to AOL.   Hence there is no way to comply - either migrate the account when it is not supposed to be migrated, or wait for input from Verizon or perhaps lose the email address. 

0 Likes
Should Verizon Yahoo Users Migrate to AOL?
farandaway

On this Board an elsewhere it has been stated that Verizon Yahoo accounts should not be migrated to AOL.  These accounts are on Yahoo servers.

Is this still the case?

0 Likes
Re: Should Verizon Yahoo Users Migrate to AOL?
farandaway

I hope a Verizon rep can respond in some way.

I just received a message from a AOL that reads:  "If your account was not migrated to AOL, please note that customers no longer have the option to keep their verizon.net email address or extract their data to another service provider. All verizon.net email, calendar and address book content that was not migrated to AOL or a third party email provider before December 5, 2017 has been deleted from our systems. If this is your case, the only option available for you it would be you to create a new AOL account, by following the steps in our Create a New Account page."

Thios contradicts guidance to Verizon Yahoo users who were told not to migrate to AOL.

Which is it?

0 Likes
Re: Should Verizon Yahoo Users Migrate to AOL?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The message you are quoting is misleading.  Those who were not already on Yahoo had to convert to AOL as you noted.  Those who didn't convert form the Verizon servers are now out of luck and their email is gone.

They have now combined most AOL and Yahoo services under the name OATH.  A new round of messages have gone out asking people to accept the OATH policy.   This message is going to both Yahoo and AOL email users.  It is these messages I thought you were refering to.  You do not at least at this point need to move your email to aol. 

In fact some time I see AOL server names and sometimes Yahoo names when I look at the servers that my Verizon email is going through.  Their are however two different webserver interfaces, one for AOL and one for yahoo, and you can't switch them around at this time.

0 Likes