Trouble receiving emails from Verizon accounts
kfbrady2

Is anyone else having this issue?  I can send from my Verizon account, but I don't get any emails from Verizon accounts.  This has been going on for about a week, and it's the same no matter what platform I use (PC, laptop, iPad) and whether I use MS Outlook, the iPad mail app or Verizon webmail on various browsers.  Interestingly, my wife's account - a sub-account of mine - works perfectly from the same machines.

Verizon's live agent has not been too helpful sugggesting twice that I wait for 2 hours (while his team investigates) or - today - 24 more hours.

Many of my friends and business colleagues use Verizon, so this is annoying.

Any ideas?. 

0 Likes
Re: Trouble receiving emails from Verizon accounts
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yesterday was a big outage.  But you are reporting a longer period. 

Are you using the Yahoo interface or straight Verizon email?

0 Likes
kfbrady2

I'm using Verizon email - via MS Outlook, iPad Mail, or via webmail, and on various PCs and iPads, it doesn't seem to matter.  I've been using Verizon mail for at least 10 years and this is the first time I've had this problem.

0 Likes
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon network e-mail servers (pop.verizon.net & smtp.verizon.net) remain UNavailable, so e-mail clients such as MS-Outlook are also out of luck.

0 Likes
kfbrady2

"Verizon network e-mail servers (pop.verizon.net & smtp.verizon.net) remain UNavailable, so e-mail clients such as MS-Outlook are also out of luck."

How does that apply?  I'm also having the same issue with webmail?

Ansd my outgoing Verizon mail works just fine - it is only incoming (and only from Verizon accounts) that I'm having issues with.

And, as I stated, my wife's account (a sub-account of mine) works fine too.

0 Likes
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

@kfbrady2 wrote:

And my outgoing Verizon mail works just fine - it is only incoming (and only from Verizon accounts) that I'm having issues with.

And, as I stated, my wife's account (a sub-account of mine) works fine too.

Strange, I just ran a test and was able to send and receive via MS-Outlook, even though pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net still do not respond to ping requests.

I removed my Vzn e-mail acct from my MS-Outlook send/recv scheduling because Outlook kept prompting for uid/pwd each time it couldn't connect to Vzn servers during yesterday's outage.  (Really annoying.)

So, instead of trying to test Vzn access via Outlook, I've relied on pinging the servers, which apparently is giving a false negative.

0 Likes
kfbrady2

I have seen no server outages.  Maybe it's regional - I'm in central NJ - or only limited to certain servers.  I am receiving mail from many senders, just not from anyone with a verizon.com address.  Yet my sub account works just fine???  And i have tested this on 2 PCs and an iPad, so I'm as sure as I can be that it's not my hardware or software at fault.

0 Likes
kfbrady2

I just had a nice chat with a Verizon rep who took over control of my desktop PC and confirmed with webmail that my incoming emails from Verizon accounts to my primary account are not working.  She said that they could only address it after all their server problems are fixed, although my issue may not be related to that.  Annoying but a not unreasonable stance.

So, I just created another sub-account using my main account id, with an extra "2" after it, set it up on MS Outlook, and as I expected it works perfectly for both incoming and outgoing Verizon emails, and all other emails.  I guess I'll notify a few colleagues and friends to use this, and live with it until they fix my problem.

I'm far from an expert at internet mail but I've been in IT for over 30 years so I'm hardly a noob at this.  It's still all very strange!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kfbrady2 wrote:

I'm using Verizon email - via MS Outlook, iPad Mail, or via webmail, and on various PCs and iPads, it doesn't seem to matter.  I've been using Verizon mail for at least 10 years and this is the first time I've had this problem.

The basic email should be up, although I see some responding that they still see it down.

Probably you will need to specifically contact Verizon since you say you were down even before the recent problem.  Your email account probably has to be fixed.  Good luck trying to get them to work on it until after they fix the remaining problems from the other day.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@kfbrady2 wrote:

Is anyone else having this issue?  I can send from my Verizon account, but I don't get any emails from Verizon accounts.  This has been going on for about a week, and it's the same no matter what platform I use (PC, laptop, iPad) and whether I use MS Outlook, the iPad mail app or Verizon webmail on various browsers.  Interestingly, my wife's account - a sub-account of mine - works perfectly from the same machines.

Verizon's live agent has not been too helpful sugggesting twice that I wait for 2 hours (while his team investigates) or - today - 24 more hours.

Many of my friends and business colleagues use Verizon, so this is annoying.

Any ideas?. 

Probably already done, but have you checked to make sure verizon.net hasn't somehow ended up in your blocked senders list/filters?

0 Likes