Trouble setting up new pop emai
ggrandma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have set up my email (I use Windows Live Mail) with the information using pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net.  I set up my Iphone, too, the best that I can but I keep getting email Notifications from Verizon saying that a device is not set up. 

I have talked with someone from Verizon on the phone, they checked my email settings (remote something or other) and I just don't know what the problem is. 

On my Iphone I can't put in the pop and smtp setting, it doesn't work.  It sill uses the incoming and outgoing. 

I don't know where the problem is and March is just around the corner.

How can I get better help on this?

Thank you and I apologize for being so negative.

ggrandma

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble setting up new pop emai
ggrandma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops, got it when I clicked post.  Geeeee.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jloinmd

I ended up deleting the account and re-adding it.  It wouldn't let me change the server info on the existing account.

Now the deletion is going to be a pain in the rear because I'll get all the old emails back again.

0 Likes
ggrandma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have several accounts for me, plus my husband has his.  He has an old phone but it says he can get emails but I can't see any settings.  He doesn't want email (old guy, old phone).

I just need someone to verify my settings and let me know what device they are talking about.  I will try calling and talking to them again.  Maybe I will get someone a little more knowledgeable than the last man.   At the end of his help, he just said if it was working now it would be fine, but apparently that isn't so or I wouldn't have gotten the notification.

Thank you anyway.  I appreciate the reply.

ggrandma

0 Likes
ggrandma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I got this figured out.  Apparently, it was my Iphone.  I tried setting it up previously but wasn't aware that I had to make sure a checkmark was in "password."  It is there now and I can receive emails on the phone.

Now this is resolved but I don't know where to let this group know the problem is resolved, so help is needed for this. 

Thank you.

ggrandma

0 Likes
ggrandma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops, got it when I clicked post.  Geeeee.

0 Likes