Trying to update payment method for VDS
jkomola

I'm hoping someone here can help.   I have kept my verizon.net email by signing up for the Verizon Domain Service last year.   Since then the credit card I used to sign up has been cancelled (thank you hackers), and now  I'm getting e-mails saying the Payment method is invalid.   Makes sense.  

However when I use the link provided in the e-mail, it takes me to the manage my payment methods, but it says I have no payment methods, and does not give me a method to add a new payment method...

I have gone round and round with Verizon, and nobody can seem to help.  I've spent hours on the phone with them.  I don't want to lose my verizon.net email. 

Please help....  

Thanks

Joe

0 Likes
Re: Trying to update payment method for VDS
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Bobitguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow - this is the exact same problem I am experiencing. Not too funny seeing this dated 11-26-14 and it is now 3-3-15. how about getting to the root cause! I spoke to some someone in customer service  and sales (Brandon) and explained the problem. I was told he would get back to me. (I hope) Why don't these suport people know this problem exists. I have little faith re resolution.

0 Likes
Bobitguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK - I'm getting closer to resolution of my problem associated with credit card info updating to retain my email address (keepmyemail.com) after switching phone providers. FYI: back in Oct 2014 - I opted to "keepmyemail.com" - then my credit card info changed in Feb 2015 - and then Verizon sent me an email stating that my credit card info had changed and provided directions on how to update my credit card info. When I attempted to "Manage" the info - I received  this message: "You currently don't have any payment methods to update at this time". I swear I conversed with every department within Verizon several times spending many hours on the subject.  In my opinion there is little if any communications between departments. I also sent detailed emails to both support and billing @domains.verizon.net - to no avail. I also tried their "phone tree" (automated operator) associated with "your domain services" {edited for privacy} - which is  worthless. When you get to option # 5 associated with payment and renewal - you are told to "call customer service" who doesn't know how to deal with it. Finally, I found someone at their e-center (web-support) who knew this problem exists within Verizon. She told me they had a rash of similar problems in summer 2014 on into fall and that not so many problems were happening now. Their phone number is {edited for privacy}. I was told they can fix this problem - but takes several days - and they will get back to me. The reason this problems exists is due to some processing/programming problem Verizon has yet to fix. Somehow your account gets closed and crap begins to happen. Unless Verizon gets to the root cause of the problem - every time your credit card info needs to be updated - you may encounter a problem as I did along with many others. Verizon need to pin point and correct their programming problem, fix their phone tree associated with "your domain services", and educate their customer service department and their web-support department re said subject.

naveen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. I have spent hours on the phone and many failed attempts to update payment methods. Verizon customer service has no clue how to do that. I wonder how verizon knows the payment method/credit card needs to be updated and why they are sending e-mails when no one knows how to update the payment method for my domain service. 

{edited for privacy}

Plan Name Verizon Basic - YDS
Billing Cycle: Yearly
Creation Date: June 07, 2014

Egbert 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello naveen

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
naveen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Joe, Did Verizon ever fix the issue?  They are unable to fix the issue on my account after 20 days of reporting. Different customer service reps send messages saying problem has been ESCALATED!.  How long they took to resolve your problem?

Many Thanks,

Naveen