Unable to delete multiple emails and can't move to folders
conpfeif1

Anyone else having problems since the "upgrade/enhanced features" launched for Verizon email?  I can no longer delete multiple emails at once and you can't move emails to folders. Are others having similar problems? And has anyone figured out how to email a question to Verizon about their email services??? The Verizon website is VERY un-user friendly IMHO.

thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to delete multiple emails and can't move to folders
SoCal-Al
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also am unable to contact Verizon. On their "Contact Us" as shown on the link at the bottom of this page, there are several links ie email, call us, postal service. I click the links and usually get a pop up asking for my zip code. Enter the zip code and get directed back to the same "Contact Us" page.

So I'm at a loss as to how to contact Verizon too.

0 Likes
houndlover

I have been having the same problem since the site has been changed again. I delete e-mails and they still appear. I am getting really frustrated with Verizon. Every time they make 'upgrades' the system does not work for me. Maybe they should test their upgrades before they make them available to use. I've been having trouble contacting them too.

0 Likes
jjrthm

I,am having the same problem. Why did they start this new e-mail with out testing it. We must get to test this stuff. Think I,ll try comcast.

jjrthm

0 Likes
Mateacher

Not only can I not delete multiple emails, but when I do delete, after having to open each message first, they always look as if they are still there in my inbox . Totally un necessary. Please go back to what you had before. This is so frustrating.  I also cannot delete anything that is in my Drafts folder!  I  never put anything deliberately into the draft folder, but there it is!

0 Likes
mezzodiva541
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought I was the only one this was happening to -- I was online, reading and cleaning up my email late at night, and suddenly the webmail page froze.  It took forever to get back in.  When I did, and resumed checking and deleting email, I noticed that even though I checked a number of emails and the system SAID they'd deleted, when the screen refreshed they were still there.  I went through this a number of times before becoming frustrated.  Of course, when I clicked on "support" I got some lame error message page saying that the server did not recognize my request.  When I contacted live online support, I was told that the problem was with my browser, and that I should be using Google Chrome (!).  I informed them that the system had been working fine (well, as fine as the system ever works since Verizon started "upgrading" the email to its current state of almost complete non-functionality), and that Verizon had obviously just pushed some system-wide upgrade down our throats and that was the cause of the glitch.  "No", I was told, "if it was system-wide we'd have been deluged with complaints, and it's just you, so there" (or words to that effect).  No point in continuing THAT discussion.  When I returned to my email, I saw to my horror that several DAYS of email had vanished -- obviously what I was seeing on my screen (and checking off and deleting, over and over) was NOT what was actually being deleted, and that I had inadvertently deleted all that mail.

Luckily I learned a long time ago not to trust Verizon's webmail server -- I use my Blackberry as my backup, so that when things disappear I can still find them again.  But why should I have to do this?????

I HATE HATE HATE Verizon webmail!!!  it used to be useful, you used to be able to nagivate it -- you could go back a page or a day or a month or two and re-read or delete without constantly being returned to the current date and having to go back and try to find where you just were.  The back arrow actually used to WORK.  It's so impossibly cludgy now, and their customer service is the bottom of the bottom of a bottomless pit of uselessness.

0 Likes
CascoJulep

First, you must accept the fact that Verizon has the most poorly functioning website on the internet. You must proceed from the assumption that no function will perform as it should. Therefore, one does not solve problems, but rather circumvents them. I had the same problem with Verizon Web-mail: unable to delete. My solution is: before I open the Verizon webpage, I zoom out until I can barely read the letters. Then I go to "Verizon Mail"; at this low magnification, I am able to delete and move-to folders. Good luck!

0 Likes
josephkovi
Enthusiast - Level 3

@CascoJulep wrote:

My solution is: before I open the Verizon webpage, I zoom out until I can barely read the letters. Then I go to "Verizon Mail"; at this low magnification, I am able to delete and move-to folders.

**bleep**???

0 Likes