Unable to reach POP server from AT&T uverse
Stan42

I seem to have similar problem as reported for access from Time Warner.  For over five years I was able to access POP server from AT&T without any problems, but about a month ago I am getting the "pop server is not responding" message.  Initially I contacted AT&T but they could not find any problem on their side, even after they contacted Verizon.  So is there a similar solution for access from AT&T?  Anything I need to do on my end?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to reach POP server from AT&T uverse
pfps
Enthusiast - Level 3
This is a very common problem. Lots of us have been affected. You may be able to get your access back by using the whitelist solution but that is by no means guaranteed. The problem is almost certainly on the Verizon side. However, you would have expected that AT&T could have gotten good information on the problem, as they are a big peer of Verizon. If AT&T can't get the right information, then what hope is there for us?
0 Likes
Stan42

Whitelist you say?  Just for fun I tried to ping the incoming.verizon.net server from my att installation, and it timed out.  Then I used the tracert incoming.verizon.net command.  That went for a while and stopped dead at address 152.63.52.42, which happened to be MCI/Verizon owned.  Is that some kind of filter? Do you think the whitelisting would fix it?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

INCOMING.VERIZON.NET is being retired.

Be sure to read http://verizon.com/emailsettings

Note incoming becomes pop.verizon.net port 995 using SSL

and outgoing becomes smtp.verizon.net  port 465 using SSL

0 Likes
Re: Impossible to Whitelist IP/Domain
Stan42

Hi Lawrence,

This is the first time I heard of a private board to contact an agent.  I would very much like to do just that.  I tried to follow the instruction you gave, but for the life of me, I can't find the "My Private Support Cases" area in my profile page.  Am I missing something?  BTW, my specific problem is that I can't connect to my Verizon POP3 server from my att.net account.  I suspect that my IP address is blacklisted.  I tried the phone support , but I was told that this problem is "outside of their envelope".  I would appreciate if you would give me a link to the agents list.

Thanks,

Stan

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Stan42,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes