Unable to update Spam Detector Settings
jackhanley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I receive this message from Verizon Web Mail when I attempt to active Spam Detector on my email sub account.  I click the radio button to Acitivate Spam Detector, hit the Save tab, and I receive the message "Unable to update Spam Detector Settings."  I do not receive the message on the primary account, where Spam Detector is already active.  I only receive it on sub accounts.

I am on my third day of dealing with Verizon technical support on this issue and I have received nothing but incomptence and bad answers.  I created two problem tickets with Verizon:  {edited for privacy} and both were arbitrarily closed without any action.  After over 1 hour on the telephone with Tech Support today, they agreed to open a third problem, {edited for privacy}becasue they were unable to explain why the previous two problem tickets were closed, and were unable to reopen them. 

I continue to receive several spam messages every day on my Verizon Web Mail account which clog up my smart phone.  Verizon needs to fix both the Spam Detector and its Technical Support.

Can anyone at Verizon assist me in resolving this error in your Verizon Web Mail system ???  

Re: Unable to update Spam Detector Settings
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes
baron94
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems like this person has dealt with tech for quite a while.  To send them back to tech support seems like a poor solution.  I think what they are hoping for is if someone else had this problem and was able to get a solution.  I too have this problem and have yet to get any help.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@baron94 wrote:

It seems like this person has dealt with tech for quite a while.  To send them back to tech support seems like a poor solution.  I think what they are hoping for is if someone else had this problem and was able to get a solution.  I too have this problem and have yet to get any help.

Except that they specifically said: "Can anyone at Verizon assist me in resolving this error in your Verizon Web Mail system ???"

0 Likes
batguano1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem others have reported in this and other forum threads.  In my case, I am able to enable the Spam Detector on my primary account and six sub-accounts.  However, for the other two sub-accounts I receive the "Unable to update Spam Detector Settings." error message.

This problem has been reported in the Community Forum since 2011 and no one has reported any progress toward a solution.  What is Verizon tech support doing about it?  When will the problem be fixed?

I'm hoping someone looking at this thread has news of some progress.  I don't see any benefit in spending hours on the phone with Verizon tech support only to come up with no solution or workaround....as has happened to others.

0 Likes