Unable to whitelist IP/domain
JLC6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Hopefully this post gets seen by Verizon support or a Verizon employee...

I administer an email server for a company that is having issues sending to a verizon.net email address, the NDR report specifies that our IP has been blacklisted with Verizon.

Given that we are not listed on any RBL's, have a separate 1-1 NAT for our email traffic, and have a valid RDNS record, I assume this was just a mistake.

So I submitted a whitelist request at:

http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/RequestForm.aspx?id=isp

and get a response that our IP will not be whitelisted...the exact message is:

"Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

No Reverse Hostname associated with your IP address."

We have a static address with Time Warner, an actice/valid RDNS/PTR record resolving to our domain's MX record IP, and have never had any sort or spam issue.  Resubmitting the form gets the same canned response.  I tried replying to the rejection email but have not heard back and I'm not even sure if whitelist@verizononline.net is a monitored email address.

I have seen this issue resolved on this forum in this post:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Can-t-whitelist-IP-domain/td-p/635809

So I'll give it a shot.

Thanks...

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to whitelist IP/domain
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep
Hello JLC,

We're glad to hear the emails are able to get through now. If you  ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy
0 Likes
Rhye
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I also have exactly this problem, and have been through the same frustrating cycle of submitting the whitelist form and receiving the automated denial with no useful information.  I also have a static IP address, a valid reverse DNS entry, and have found no indication of any "spam issues".

Could I request the "Escalated to Verizon Agent" response ASAP, please, so we can try and work out why I and my hosting customers are unable to e-mail anyone using Verizon as a provider?

Thank you.

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Rhye,

Rhye
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the private support - now resolved.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

You're very welcome! 

Best,

Art

0 Likes
VerizonWhitelis

My provider and I have tried on mulitple occasions over several weeks to get my domain unblocked. We have completed and submitted the questions at http://www.verizon.net/whitelist multiple times with no results and no feedback.

This is getting very, very frustrating and should not be happening. Why can't I get Verizon to no reject my emails? Must I file a complaint with the FCC? Must I contact my Congressman? Must I write a letter to Mr. McAdam? What can I do to get something as simple as Verizon not rejecting my EMails. Right now, I am beside myself and would very much like to talk to someone!

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

VerizonWhitelis,

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes