Unable to whitelist my mail server
spilon1

I am a Verizon customer for both FIOS and wireless, but this post is not really related to either service.

The problem is that my company's email server seems to have been blacklisted by Verizon, so we can't send mail to Verizon customers. All mail is returned with this message:

571 Email from XXX.XXX.XX.XXX is currently blocked by Verizon Online's
anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit
http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 150404

Unfortunately, the whitelisting process offered at the link supplied results in an endless loop. All it produces is an auto-response that says:

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons: 

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

No Reverse Hostname associated with your IP address.

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should  contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

Note that there is no other way to contact Verizon Online Security to follow up beyond this, so all you can do is submit the same form again. Also note that the autoresponse comes very quickly after submitting the form, so obviously there is no "investigation" going on whatsoever.

The truth is that neither of the stated reasons in the form mail above are even remotely true or accurate. Our server does not have a dynamically assigned IP address, and it does have a properly configured reverse host name. We have done a full security audit of our server, and there are no spam issues whatsoever. We've been in business for over 10 years, our server passes all security and RBL tests, and there is no reason that I can see to suddenly blacklist our mail server.

Reviewing similar posts in this forum tells me that this is a common problem that has been going on for years, but I can't find any actual solution posted anywhere. Is there any way to escalate this case to someone who can actually help me get it sorted out? This is really frustrating.

Thanks in advance....

0 Likes
Re: Unable to whitelist my mail server
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi spilon,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes