Unknown sent emails?
paulcontro1

Hi,

All of a sudden today at 12:41 PM I started getting emails for the "postmaster" that 4 emails I sent could not be delivered. Something has gotten a hold of my contacts list and sent emails to every one on the list? What can I do to stop this, and avoid it happening again?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes
Re: Unknown sent emails?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@paulcontro wrote:

Hi,

All of a sudden today at 12:41 PM I started getting emails for the "postmaster" that 4 emails I sent could not be delivered. Something has gotten a hold of my contacts list and sent emails to every one on the list? What can I do to stop this, and avoid it happening again?

Thanks,

Paul

Reset your password to something strong and complex, and runa  virus scan on the computers you use to check your mail.

0 Likes
paulcontro1

Hi,

I tried a virus scan and Malware scan with nothing found before I posted the help request. If my password was any more secure than it already is (8 alpha 2 numeric and 2 special characters), I won't be able to remember it. The only other thing I noticed in closing down the browser that the email app had been opened in was several tabs for Java Scripts, which I have no idea how then got there as they were not part of anything I was doing. As a matter of fact I wasn't doing anything on the PC when this happened.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Paul

0 Likes
mitchmor1

I'm having the same problem and I've done all the things suggested.  Is there any other answer to the problem?  My friends are tired of getting all these phony emails from me.

Thanks.

Diane

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Assuming the emails are not coming from your machine of from you account, they're is nothing you can do further if you keep the same email id.  The basic email protocols are easy to fake to claim they are coming from anyone.

poseyhill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happening with my account.  Friends are starting to complain about the spam I'm sending.  Have already changed my password, but would like to also change my primary verizon.net email address.  Haven't been able to figure out how to do this using Verizon help prompts.  Tried setting a new 'alias'.  That didn't work -- not receiving any emails sent to that alias.  HELP!!

0 Likes
slady3151

I am having the same problem with emails.......so if i reset my password you think that is what the problem is?

This has happened several times and I do not want any of my contacts getting sent stuff I did not send.

Thanks

0 Likes
bocarr

Hello my mom was having the same problem and I am sorry no offense but the answers being given regarding an obvious malicious Java script hijack trojan which is embedded in an email from someone you know once you open the email its done you are infected changing your password does nothing its a problem because its web based email and needs to be erraticated by Verizon or Yahoo at the MX Exchange level on their mail servers and an ennoculation script needs to be sent out to all infected customers. People giving change password advice is misguided at best and random guessing acting as if you have authority is dangerous get your ego in check and allow verizon to address the issue

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@bocarr wrote:

Hello my mom was having the same problem and I am sorry no offense but the answers being given regarding an obvious malicious Java script hijack trojan which is embedded in an email from someone you know once you open the email its done you are infected changing your password does nothing its a problem because its web based email and needs to be erraticated by Verizon or Yahoo at the MX Exchange level on their mail servers and an ennoculation script needs to be sent out to all infected customers. People giving change password advice is misguided at best and random guessing acting as if you have authority is dangerous get your ego in check and allow verizon to address the issue

...which should be caught when the PC is scanned, as was also advised. (Nearly a year ago when this thread was started.)

0 Likes