Updated DSL and Clear
mikewiz1962
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yesterday, I received my equipment from Clear as I have had problems for the past 6 weeks or so with Verizon’s High Speed Enhanced DSL. With no satisfaction in sight, I was forced into this action.
With Clear, setup was a snap. I was up and running within minutes. My connection is about 4.5.,which is a substantial improvement of my .9 with Verizon. Even though Clear is more expensive, at least myself and my family have a reliable connection.

Question, when I do drop my Verizon DSL, will my e-mail accounts be active? What is the easiest way to move/store e-mails if I was not using Outlook express or Outlook?

Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
Re: Updated DSL and Clear
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@mikewiz1962 wrote:
Yesterday, I received my equipment from Clear as I have had problems for the past 6 weeks or so with Verizon’s High Speed Enhanced DSL. With no satisfaction in sight, I was forced into this action.
With Clear, setup was a snap. I was up and running within minutes. My connection is about 4.5.,which is a substantial improvement of my .9 with Verizon. Even though Clear is more expensive, at least myself and my family have a reliable connection.

Question, when I do drop my Verizon DSL, will my e-mail accounts be active? What is the easiest way to move/store e-mails if I was not using Outlook express or Outlook?

Thanks in advance!

Verizon will shut down your email account(s) when you cancel your account. (Unless you keep them Active with Verizon Your Domain service: http:/www.keepmyemail.com )

If you want to keep all of your messages without keeping your email account, you will need to set up some kind of POP3 email client to pull the messages from Verizon's servers. There are several free ones available.

0 Likes