Using MailboxDispatcher 2, how to change settings?
MrCurious2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use an excellent email product called Mailbox Dispatcher 2 to preview my email.  I tried to change the settings on one ofmy accounts from incoming.verizon.net to pop..., and I changed the port, but this software choked when it came to the changed email account.

I changed it back to what it was and it was OK.  The problem is not the password.  Anyone have any idea about what the problem is and how to deal with it?  TNX.

0 Likes
Re: Using MailboxDispatcher 2, how to change settings?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for reaching out to us regarding your issue.  To be clear, the email program DOES work so long as the settings remain as they were, correct?  It sounds like the problem only occurs when changes are made to the server and ports.  Please let us know so that we can assist you further.

~Eva

0 Likes
MrCurious2
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have it correct.  Right now, the settings are where they have been for several years:  incoming server is incoming.verizon.net, port 110.  Does not work when I change it to port 995, pop.verizon.net.

BTW, this is a terrific program for previewing my incoming email w/o actually downloading it to my machine.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will have to make the changes.  But...

A quick look at the doc doesn't seem to show a way to specify SSL.

You might try and contact the author at his website http://www.anti-spam-tools.com/index.html  .

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

For testing purposes, only, can you please try to set up your email in a third party email client such as Outlook using the NEW setting?  It's possible that MailboxDispatcher2 is not going to be compatible or is missing settings that will allow it to be used with the new server settings.

~Eva

0 Likes