VERIZON E MAIL ADDRESS UNCHANGEABLE
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, 

I am on this forum in the unlikely event someone with Verizon can be helpful to a long time customer. I have Verizon-Yahoo E mail and use my Yahoo AddressGuard, which I think is a wonderful option.

However, my Yahoo mail app has revealed my unchangeable primary Verizon.net e mail address rather than the Yahoo address I entered, and the Verizon address has gone to a tech-savvy person I met online who I believe is not a suitable person to have it. I decided to try without success to have my Verizon.net address changed.

I found only two options, call or chat with Verizon. I did the latter, and was informed my Verizon email address cannot be changed absent re-opening my account "because it is on the server."

I asked for an email address for Verizon corporate to express my concerns about this and my feeling that email addresses should be more easily changeable. The person just kept uselessly referring me to "the feedback form," even though there is NO feedback form for E mail issues. I requested Verizon's corporate address multiple times and asked for a supervisor, who she said would call me back and of course no one called.

This is my typical non-service that I get with Verizon. They only respond on phone issues if contacted by an agency such as used to regulate them. For unregulated Internet, they don't respond at all to customers in any helpful way. 

Can anyone supply the email address of a corporate liaison I could email? All I want to do is give feedback on this issue of Verizon.net primary email addresses not being changeable, and how that dramatically fails to serve the customer.

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON E MAIL ADDRESS UNCHANGEABLE
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You can send general correspondence to the address on the following page. http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/postal-service.htm

0 Likes
chief112
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi There,

This is my first time looking thru a forum and responding/asking on it. I was specifically looking to see how I too could change my primary email address as my email inbox is over 10,000 emails of what I consider SPAM,  though it may not be,(basically sales ads and such...). I totally agree with the poor customer service Verizon has which needing support and it seems being a long time customer with an account always in good standing,  doesn't mean anything to the corporate Verizon world, other than for the past 15+ years they've gotten quite a bit of money each month from my household. This was proved to me in March of this year when my router went up and when I finally gave in & called I was talking to someone in India & struggled with a language barrier.

Ok, with that said, I feel bad for your situation, gosh access to a main email address could be a security issue (??) And in the meantime I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions, even if it means another email program?

Thanks a bunch!

dee

aka msmedicSmiley Frustrated                                                                                                                                           

0 Likes
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. That page gives

P.O. Box 33078

St. Petersburg, FL 33733

That is not an email address. But thank you.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

IT CAN BE DONE, but they will rarely do it.  Usually in cases or Identity thieft.  You need to contact Verizon directly.  These forums are peer to peer.

0 Likes
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. I understand. My identity was not stolen, and I am not right now still pressing for a new primary address.

My objective is just to give some opinion feedback or make a suggestion to the powers that be at Verizon that maybe they might want to be more flexible in this area. 

I would think Verizon would have a feedback form for email issues, but it does not.

This is not the only time I wanted to give feedback by email and could not. Verizon-Yahoo email is in many ways a trap for customers who pay for this service. Yahoo provides no support and refers customers to Verizon. Verizon provides no e mail tech support or even a feedback form.

Each company passes the buck to the other and neither talks to the customer for tech concerns with Verizon-Yahoo.

I guess that system is great for company profits, just completely eliminate support in a game of toss the ball back and forth. 

Isn't unregulated capitalism great for customers. (Not.)

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They had a forum for suggestions, but removed it last year.  They are supposively working on a replacement.   This forum is not really useful for suggestions to Verizon.

0 Likes
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. As I first stated, I was taking a chance that someone may know the E mail address I could use to send a suggestion to Verizon. I did get a P.O. Box address suggestion from this forum, that is far better than nothing, but I would rather be able to send my suggestion by email to them as it is easier. I have no printer to make a nice looking letter.

Your info about the anticipated feedback forum is appreciated. I'll keep an eye out for that to possibly appear. 

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@Victor23Stone wrote:

Thanks. As I first stated, I was taking a chance that someone may know the E mail address I could use to send a suggestion to Verizon. I did get a P.O. Box address suggestion from this forum, that is far better than nothing, but I would rather be able to send my suggestion by email to them as it is easier. I have no printer to make a nice looking letter.

Your info about the anticipated feedback forum is appreciated. I'll keep an eye out for that to possibly appear. 

You can only call Verizon at 1-800-verizon, chat. or write. Verizon does not have an e-mail address.

0 Likes
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. They have one but they just don't want to be bothered by customers. Thanks again. 

0 Likes