VERIZON REP WAS RUDE REGARDING DIFFICULTY CHANGING PASSWORD AND/OR USER ID
bayclub
Enthusiast - Level 2

I usually don't comment on line but this morning at approx. 10:30, I had difficulty logging onto My Verizon account and was locked out.  I had to re-set my password and then I called Verizon;  had a female rep. who couldn't find my account.  I replied that this was a "copper wire" but that I've had FIOS for several years and "where do you think my payments were going".  She again, replied I can't log into your account and "HUNG UP".  I, therefore, couldn't up-date my cell phone.  Afterwards, I called Verizon Wireless and spoke with a knowledgeable rep., she heard about the hang-up and connected me to a rep., who had the common sense to access my computer and fix the many problems.  He was patient and courteous, stayed with me until my cell phone was up-dated.  That's the kind of Verizon's reps we should be entitled to; not some {word filter avoidance} person who should have asked for a Supervisor to assist her! This was a 3 hr ordeal!

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON REP WAS RUDE REGARDING DIFFICULTY CHANGING PASSWORD AND/OR USER ID
logan81
Contributor - Level 3

Certainly it was rude that she hung up on you and she should have not acted that way. One question I have though. You said that you told the rep that you had a copper line but that you had Verizon fios. There are essentially three different classes of service with verizon, which class of services do you have? 

1. Wireless - cell phones

2. Verizon core - copper phone lines and DSL internet

3. Verizon Fios - Fiber optic line to the house for voice, internet and TV

If you are a core customer and/or a wireless customer then it is true that the fios agent you were speaking with would not be able to find your account because she would be searching in the Fios customer database for it. Again it does not excuse her actions, but it may just explain why she couldn't find you with the information you were giving her. Rather than hanging up on you or escalating to a supervisor she should have just transfered you to the correct Verizon service department.

0 Likes