Verizon Email blocked
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

A few days ago, I started being unable to receive or send email to an association I do freelance work for and have for years. There were no messages to me about it being a spam problem and the only reason I even found out about it is that someone at the company called me and asked why I hadn't replied to an email they sent me. Another person I know who also does work for them is having the same problem and it is isolated to our Verizon email for both of us. I am able to get their messages via a gmail account so it is only associated with my Verizon email. I know a lot of people are having problems with their emails being blocked for various reasons.How can I find out what is going on and if the company is having the problem or if  I am? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Email blocked
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@dkw197 wrote:

A few days ago, I started being unable to receive or send email to an association I do freelance work for and have for years. There were no messages to me about it being a spam problem and the only reason I even found out about it is that someone at the company called me and asked why I hadn't replied to an email they sent me. Another person I know who also does work for them is having the same problem and it is isolated to our Verizon email for both of us. I am able to get their messages via a gmail account so it is only associated with my Verizon email. I know a lot of people are having problems with their emails being blocked for various reasons.How can I find out what is going on and if the company is having the problem or if  I am? Thanks

Are the senders getting any type of error? If it's being bounce by the Blacklist, *they* will get a message about it, not you. They would need to fill out Verizon's whitelist form as indicated in the bounceback message.

You should also check your settings:

In Mail under My Settings (can be accessed from your Inbox):
1. Blocking - Make sure that you do not have the sender's address/domain in your Blocked Senders list.
2. Filters - Make sure that all of your filters are set up correctly. Be especially wary of "not" filters. (Ex: If subject does not contain spam then automatically delete.)
3. Spam Detector - On the Setup tab, set this to save the messages to your SpamDetector folder, then check for the missing messages there.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@dkw197 wrote:

Are the senders getting any type of error? If it's being bounce by the Blacklist, *they* will get a message about it, not you. They would need to fill out Verizon's whitelist form as indicated in the bounceback message.

You should also check your settings:

In Mail under My Settings (can be accessed from your Inbox):
1. Blocking - Make sure that you do not have the sender's address/domain in your Blocked Senders list.
2. Filters - Make sure that all of your filters are set up correctly. Be especially wary of "not" filters. (Ex: If subject does not contain spam then automatically delete.)
3. Spam Detector - On the Setup tab, set this to save the messages to your SpamDetector folder, then check for the missing messages there.

dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks so much for the advice. I went through your list and found the emails in my Spam Detector folder. Can't imagine why after years of dealing with this company and exchanging hundreds of emails, all of a sudden they are viewed as spam email.