Verizon FIOS with Windows 8.1
mbozarth909

On my old Windows XP PC I used Outlook Express as my desktop email client, to interface with the Verizon FIOS email server. My new PC runs on Windows 8.1; and I have found no desktop email client program that will work with both Windows 8.1 and the Verizon FIOS email server. I want to be able to store my saved messages on my desktop. Can you please help me?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS with Windows 8.1
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

mbozarth909 wrote:

On my old Windows XP PC I used Outlook Express as my desktop email client, to interface with the Verizon FIOS email server. My new PC runs on Windows 8.1; and I have found no desktop email client program that will work with both Windows 8.1 and the Verizon FIOS email server. I want to be able to store my saved messages on my desktop. Can you please help me?

If your meaning of works with means that you want to be able to get your messages and manage them on and from your desktop, vice leaving them on the server, then

Eudora works for me.  I'm  running 8.1 64 bit and Eurdora with no difficulty.  I have used Eudora since I started in computers with Windows 3.11 in the 90s and though the client is no longer supported by Qualcom, there is still plenty of support around - between newsgroups and google:  www.eidora.com/download/

Can't tell you if it works with you managing your messages on the server.  Have never favored that system.

HTH

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS with Windows 8.1
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@mbozarth909 wrote:

I don't have personal experience with Win 8.1 (yet), but you might try Mozilla's Thunderbird:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-windows-8

or Windows Live Mail:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials

Either should store your mail locally and work with the FiOS mail servers.

I use Windows Live Mail 2011 under Windows 7 and have no problem sending or receiving mail, or storing mail on my hard drive.

0 Likes