Verizon SMTP Outgoing server issues
Fishnmanmichael
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else having problems in the DC area!

Re: Verizon SMTP Outgoing server issues
SCLanham

Same issue and it continue in to the afternoon for me.

Verizon Support - Any input?

0 Likes
Fishnmanmichael
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon keeps on telling me to check with Microsoft....of course.  Because my wife's Apple email client that also cannot send is supported by Microsoft.  It is either a network issue, DNS, or SMPT server issue.   Now it is sporattic and my wife's email client cannot send still at all.

0 Likes
DL_Annandale

1 Jan 2016 -- we have been unable to send e-mails through the Verizon SMTP outgoing server using Mozilla Thunderbird all day today. Un-happy New Year! 

We are able to send e-mails from non-Verizon accounts (web-based), and have been able to send from Verizon's e-mail web-site.  This is much less convenient because we then have copies of our outgoing e-mails in two places (on their web-site, and in on our hard-drive, managed by Thunderbird).  So, it appears the verizon outgoing SMTP host currently does not want to recognize other packages like Thunderbird or Apple.

Dave

Annandale, VA

0 Likes
Fishnmanmichael
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, finally got acknowledgement that it "sounds" like an SMTP server issue or DNS.  However, the center that would fix the issue is closed in observance of the holidays.   Hopefully it will get enough attention that someone comes in a fixes it before monday.

MichelleBurns

Same issue here (PA) on my husband's iphoneand ipad. Strange - I can send just fine from his account using my laptop. Outbox is hanging as well adn now has 13 thinsg "stuck" in it. Frustrating.  Even more so if I have spent the last 3 hours trying to fix this and to find its a Verizon issue they knew about

0 Likes
russtb

Same issue in MA.  No emails going out from Thunderbird all day

0 Likes
Dan_in_PA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue, also in Penna.  Major frustration (caution -> venting follows)

Noticed this morning around 9:30 I couldn't send emails

I verified my settings based on the verizon email (from April 2015) and their website.

The clunky verizon email (site) works.

The V'zon troubleshooter was a waste of time.

Tried Outlook troubleshooter - no joy.

Finished with the chat support - another waste - first response was that it was a known issue due to high volume of chat traffic - I am not sure if he meant alot of folks were complaining on chat support, or if he meant texting traffic was hurting their bandwidth - then said it was a microsoft issue with the settings.  He never ever gave me a straight answer to any of my questions.  Couldn't say if it was (MS) Windows or Office based, offered no phone number, nothing. 

Verizon's website has screen dumps of the MS Office/Outlook accounts setting page - I asked why they don' t update it per the latest supposed MS changes - no response. 

some helpful and humorous response examples (verbatum):

PLease check with the Microsoft they will help you I this

Seems to issue with the Microsoft settings

All customer are facing the same issue with outlook.

Issue is with the Microsoft.

You will update you if we change the server settings.

Them the issue they will get it.

MS does their pushes on Tuesdays, and I've found nothing that happened recently on my machine from MS anyway.

Wife (the smart one in the family) uses MAC with icloud and gmail - she has no problems.

I would've posted hours ago, but this client wouldn't let me log on for some reason - it all adds to the experience.

0 Likes
HerbalDragon

Definitely some kind of issue here in Virginia Beach--I just did a live chat with someone, and he says this is a Microsoft issue and engineers are working on this.  It is just weird that this seems to happen ONLY on holidays, and, of course, it is convenient to blame Microsoft, but perhaps it is them as I can use the webmail with no problem!  This is a great way to start the new year, but perhaps it is a sign that all of us should be enjoying dinner and a movie instead of trying to get work done! 🙂

0 Likes
JesusGlori
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and they keep blaming microsoft.

What dum dums....

0 Likes