Verizon Servers blocking emails from our Servers to our Customers
jonbeard

We recently changed servers over to a new provider, and with this, we had to get all new IP addresses. With this, I had to recreate our DNS zones and such to work with our new providers.    However, somewhere in the process we have been blocked by - Time Warner Cable, Verizon, and Earthlink. Now, I was able to fix the issues with Earthlink and TWC, however I am still having some issues with Verizon. We have created reverse DNS and PTR's but with no avail.    Here is the error message we get back once we have sent an email to one of our customers:    This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address failed: malchazel@verizon.net SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: host relay.verizon.net xxx.xx.xxx.xxx: 571 Email from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 141125 ------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------ Return-path: eric@xxxxxxx.com Received: from cpe-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.carolina.res.rr.com xxx.xxx.xx.xx:49608 helo=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx by server.xxxxxx.com with esmtpsa TLSv1.2:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:128 Exim 4.84 envelope-from eric@xxxxx.com id 1XtMqX-00032U-VQ for {edited for privacy}; Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:36:26 -0500 Message-ID: 5474E84D.30709@xxxxxx.com   I have tried adding the IP's to the whitelist via Verizon's website twice, once last night and once this morning. The message I get back after requesting to be added is this:   After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons: Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned No Reverse Hostname associated with your IP address. Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate. Sincerely, Verizon Online Security http://www2.verizon.net/policies abuse@verizon.net     How often does Verizon update their DNS searches? The information that they say is not correct, was corrected about 48-72 hours ago.    Anyone that can help from Verizon, or from the general public that has dealt with this before, would be a great deal of help...   Warmest Regards,  {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Servers blocking emails from our Servers to our Customers
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes