Verizon Spam filtering FAILS
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

For at least the last 5 weeks, I get almost every day 3 spam (& possibly malicious) emails. Most of the time my Thunderbird client catches these and dumps them in my spam folder. But not always. And on my Android tablet, that email client does not have its own spam detector. See screenshot for an example of the crap being slung at my email address. I have forwarded many to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net but I'm now guessing that's just a waste of effort.

Hello Verizon, are you going to fix this? If my email client can detect this, why can't (or won't) you?

Can anyone comment whether Google does a better job with gmail? Might be time to abandon Verizon email.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Spam filtering FAILS
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The real question does AOL do a better job?

0 Likes
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

Ah, AOL indeed Smiley Frustrated

Saw that thread today. Fortunately I'm not in the unlucky states affected. But I guess it's just a matter of time. I've thought about abandoning Vzn email and heading to Gmail; now I have an incentive. For those sticking with Vzn, maybe indeed AOL has a competent spam filter.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

All states are effected.  Not all servers have been screwed up, but, as far as I can tell, the first step is done.  All servers now say ....aol.com.

At least some people have also been told to go to aol.com to signup.  Being in Florida, I expect I will see that soon since the end date for our switch over has been identified as the end of March.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

And, as suspected, I have now received the message that I am moved to AOL.  Will let you know what I thing of the SPAM filter after I have been on it awhile.

0 Likes