Verizon Yahoo Email Conundrum
CMS8

I have had a verizon.net email address for 11 years.   I use the Yahoo app on my mobile phone and I frequently use the Yahoo portal to access my email.  Three weeks ago the app stopped receiving emails... so I decided to log into my account, and Yahoo says my user name and password don't match.  I had not changed my password.  In an attempt to regain access, I changed my Yahoo password and when I attempted to log in through the Yahoo portal, the error that my user name and password do not match re-appeared. 

I can access email through webmail.verizon.com, however, when I attempt to use an email client to access Verizon webmail, the log in defaults to the Yahoo portal.  I believe this is because my Verizon account is linked to Yahoo.  I can "unlink" the accounts through my profile of MyVerizon.com, however, I will loose all e-mails stored on the Yahoo server.

I have made several calls to Verizon customer service with no results.  On one call I spent an hour and ten minutes on the phone with an agent.  Another Verizon customer service agent suggested this as a device issue.  It is not.  It is a connection issue.  I get the same results using my mobile phone, a laptop computer or a desktop computer.   There is some disconnect between Yahoo and Verizon that triggers an error when I attempt to use a Verizon address to log into the Yahoo portal.  I never dreamed this would be the case when I created my original Verizon email.

I read online where another Verizon customer had a similar issue and after talking to something like 11 Verizon customer service agents finally got an agent named Israel to understand the issue.  Israel was somehow able to contact Yahoo support, which is not accessable to Yahoo email users, and a Yahoo agent updated a currupt software link that restored the customer's access to verizon.net mail through the Yahoo portal.   Unfortunately, Israel has not answered the phone when I call Verizon support.

I have zero confidence this issue will be resolved and I have every confidence I will receive my monthly invoice for Verizon DSL service on time.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo Email Conundrum
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CMS,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes