Verizon/Yahoo Email no longer working
btucker1

Has anyone else had issues accesing email once logged into Verizon Yahoo mail? Support had me reset password, try different browsers... PFFT neither the pop incoming setting of the phone or Microsoft Outlook can connect. The second person told me ohh I do see a simlar case that was ctreated 2 days ago no solution no known resolution. The email portal is provided by Verizon and expect Verizon to correct it.

Please port if similar problems have been observed

0 Likes
Re: Verizon/Yahoo Email no longer working
aibek

Just started having problems today (10 Feb) on my Android device using the Android mail app. I can send mail but can't connect to the server to retrieve mail. Webmail works fine. I am in the PA-NJ-DE area. Have had intermittent errors in the past.

Verizon has instructions on how to manually set up your Android email and they don't match my device. Every android implementation is a little different.

I think I just can't log on to the server. At some point maybe Verizon will admit there's an issue.

Also I am concerned about this transition to AOL but right now that appears to be limited to certain states.

0 Likes
MerrickJoe

Mail server down almost all day 2.9.2016, ok the morning of 2.10.16 but now one of my subaccounts will not authenticate.

They say known issue no ETA to fix.

I smelll incompitance.

0 Likes
pneborg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Folks just letting you know that this issue has also been occuring from outlook.com connecting to verizon pop3 and smtp server.

I just contacted support and they stated the issue was:

I see that there is an outage affecting the email pop clients in all the states due to server maintenance, the outage is leading to an error saying "The username/password are not authenticating"

Verizon has confirmed reports about an issue with the Verizon network and is investigating the same. We would request you to wait for us to sort this out. The inconvenience is regretted.
The developers are looking into the issue and would be fixed within 24-48 hours.
Will41

Thanks for the information!

Let's hope it gets fixed soon.  It is very frustrating.

0 Likes
btucker1

Unfortunately I CAN login to verizon homepage the mail link takes me here

And get the notification email needs immiadte attention when you follow the web mail link, you recieve this

If you follow the change account link it takes you to changing password and then the same routine in loop.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi btucker,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
aibek

That's great that Verizon is assisting btucker but what about the rest of us? Is there a general problem? Or should I ask if Verizon admits that there is a general problem?

To repeat,  I have been accessing my verizon.net email on an android device successfully up until two days ago. It keeps telling me my password is not valid. Many others seem to be reporting the same issue.

Is this somehow related to the migration to AOL?

Webmail still works fine.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi doubois,

This is an account-specific issue which we have escalated.  Please let us know if you are also using a Verizon/Yahoo email account and have received a similar account alert to which you are unable to respond.

0 Likes
Will41

I am now able to setup my Outlook.com to "send and receive" from my Verizon POP mail but it returns an error stating "There was a problem getting messages from your other accounts". Outlook.com does not retrieve my Verizon POP mail.

When will this be fixed and why did this happen?

0 Likes