Verizon Yahoo! Password not working
lomo19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can log into Verizon.net just fine and retrieve all my email.  I have the Yahoo portal.  But if I try to log into Verizon Yahoo, it keeps telling me the password is invalid.  It's not, because I can flip over to the Verizon page and it works just fine.  I've reset the password on my account at Verizon.net but it doesn't seem to communicate through to the Yahoo portal.  This probably explains why my Outlook won't retrieve my Verizon email anymore either, but I don't know how to fix.  Is there a way to get rid of the Yahoo portal??  My sub-accounts don't use the Yahoo portal, just mine.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Yahoo! Password not working
lomo19
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I thought I'd share that I found out my own solution. I have always had the Yahoo! portal on my Verizon account.  Since I couldn't get it working in Outlook, I thought I'd just have my email forward to another account. So I logged into verizon.net and set the forwarding parameter.  It then prompted me to verify my account by having me log into the Yahoo page. Yahoo is where the password is getting rejected and I couldn't access via Yahoo.  So I contacted Verizon and had them remove the Yahoo portal from my account.  Bingo!  All better now.  I did lose my emails on Yahoo and contacts, but since most everything had downloaded to Outlook until recently, that was okay with me.

Absolutely baffled that no one in Tech support could figure out how to get Verizon and Yahoo talking again.  Surely I'm not the only one with this problem...

Hope it helps the next person...

View solution in original post

lomo19
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I thought I'd share that I found out my own solution. I have always had the Yahoo! portal on my Verizon account.  Since I couldn't get it working in Outlook, I thought I'd just have my email forward to another account. So I logged into verizon.net and set the forwarding parameter.  It then prompted me to verify my account by having me log into the Yahoo page. Yahoo is where the password is getting rejected and I couldn't access via Yahoo.  So I contacted Verizon and had them remove the Yahoo portal from my account.  Bingo!  All better now.  I did lose my emails on Yahoo and contacts, but since most everything had downloaded to Outlook until recently, that was okay with me.

Absolutely baffled that no one in Tech support could figure out how to get Verizon and Yahoo talking again.  Surely I'm not the only one with this problem...

Hope it helps the next person...

ralahinn1

I am having this problem, now, I changed my verizon pass, but it still won't let me into Yahoo, and I need my yahoo mail for certain things

0 Likes
Mojero

I had a hacker get into my yahoo verizon account. I changed the password in verizon but yahoo didnt take the new password and kept the old one. So the hacker kept coming in and sending spam from my account. I was about to dish verison all to gether until I dumped yahoo. Before dumping yahoo I exported my data into a new account for where I discoved via the login area that someone from a different state was logging in. Don't know how he got my password but he did.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes