Verizon Yahoo email compromised Can Not change EMAIL password
tpjs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've seen others have this problem, but now I am affected. I can not change my VZ YAHOO email Password...I change the VZ account PW, but it will not change the email PW.

HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Yahoo email compromised Can Not change EMAIL password
tpjs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a Live Chat and the agent resolved the issue

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tpjs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a Live Chat and the agent resolved the issue

0 Likes
carla1961

I've had 4 Verizon agents tell me they can't change the password!  I was even told that it was a Yahoo problem, only to talk to Yahoo, who sent me back to Verizon.  I can change my Verizon password over & over with no problem, but it doesn't have any affect on my Verizon Yahoo email account!  The agents all tell me that when I change the Verizon password, it will also change my email password.  NOT TRUE!  I have tried every avenue, only to be directed to the change password tool, which is not helping me.  The agents get fed up because THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT & then blow me off!  Very frustrating!  I've spent 9 hours now on this issue which is still unresolved!

0 Likes
rawhorsepower

Hi,

I have the same issue and when I click on go to solution it just take me to the bottom of the page. I have spent hours with verizon support and still have the same problem described here.

Thanks

Steve

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
rawhorsepower

Thank you for your response.

I only use verizon mail off their server. I also had tried the pin before and it just changes mt verizon password not the verizon yahoo email password. verizon just called me and said they are moving away from yahoo and I should import my contacts into outlok (Which I have) or into myverizon. The problem is I need all my folders too. I also have 3 sub account email addresses. Any suggestions how I could move contatcs and folders to outlook?

Thanks

Steve

0 Likes
jvs238

I have the same problem - yahoo password not changeable. Which online chat facility helped you - Verizon or Yahoo? How do I access this chat facility? Thanks.

0 Likes
JSwimmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I'm having the same problem.  I've changed my Verizon password but my Verizon/Yahoo email is still requiring my old password.  To get to my Verizon Account info I use the new pwd, but to get to email I have to use the old pwd.

This is a terrible security issue.

0 Likes
lblac5

I have this same problem and the results are very unsatisfactory I am still without email access and at this point I guess Timewarner is my next step since I already lost my email and have no real support. I do not see any reason to continue with a compnay that leaves a vital piece of online communication broken for weeks.

Shame on you Verizon for treating your long term customers so poorly !!!!

0 Likes