Verizon Yahoo on and off working
VaDeerHunter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Getting very frustrated. 2 weeks ago I went 6 days having issues with Verizon.yahoo mail. All of a sudden it started working again. A week has gone by and today again, Outlook is not working, I Phone not working but Verizon Yahoo web portal is fine. OutLook ad phone keep telling me the password is bad even though it has not changed and works on the webmail side. I need to get this fixed, the last person at Verizon I spoke with was no help.

The last time I posted some one called but left no message and then the problem just went away on its own. If I could get an email person or post that would be great!

Help!

Pat

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo on and off working
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@VaDeerHunter wrote:

Getting very frustrated. 2 weeks ago I went 6 days having issues with Verizon.yahoo mail. All of a sudden it started working again. A week has gone by and today again, Outlook is not working, I Phone not working but Verizon Yahoo web portal is fine. OutLook ad phone keep telling me the password is bad even though it has not changed and works on the webmail side. I need to get this fixed, the last person at Verizon I spoke with was no help.

The last time I posted some one called but left no message and then the problem just went away on its own. If I could get an email person or post that would be great!

Help!

Pat

@one of the quirks of the Verizon/Yahoo servers is that they seem to randomly alternate between requiring the @verizon.net be part of the username and not allowing it. Try adding it if you don't have it, or removing it if you do. There's no guarantee it will solve your problem, but it shouldn't hurt. It's easy to change back if it doesn't work. 😉

0 Likes
VaDeerHunter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Working this morning! Unbelievable! Thanks for suggestions....

Pat

0 Likes
VaDeerHunter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Down again tonight after working all day...this is crazy.  Help!

Pat

0 Likes
VaDeerHunter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Working this morning and again dead this afternoon and tonight. Help!

Pat

0 Likes
VaDeerHunter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion but no joy!

pat

0 Likes
VaDeerHunter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, it gets better (sic).  I had a very nice chat with a very helpful guy in India. I must say polite and patient but, after getting disconnected from Yahoo, finally, I am stuck in nowhere land with MYVERIZON telling me I still have Yahoo selected as my email portal on the web. I also still cannot get Outlook to work despite using the Verizon wizard to set it up and to add insult to injury I cannot get any email through Yahoo or verizon now , nor on my I Phone.

I am about 2 inches from going back to Cox.

Pat

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@VaDeerHunter wrote:

Well, it gets better (sic).  I had a very nice chat with a very helpful guy in India. I must say polite and patient but, after getting disconnected from Yahoo, finally, I am stuck in nowhere land with MYVERIZON telling me I still have Yahoo selected as my email portal on the web. I also still cannot get Outlook to work despite using the Verizon wizard to set it up and to add insult to injury I cannot get any email through Yahoo or verizon now , nor on my I Phone.

I am about 2 inches from going back to Cox.

Pat

0 Likes
mglenn1

The "on" and "off" again issue sounds very similar to mine. I'm experiencing the same as described here. Below is the message I receive when it doesn't work. I haven't modified the password to have reason to get this message. Any suggestions on what to do?

Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] Incorrect username or password.
Server: 'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

0 Likes