Verizon Your Domain ... Discontinued?!?!?!
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just went on to the Verizon website and it says that Verizon Your Domain service has been discontinued. This must explain why we've had such trouble setting it up. Why on Earth would they do this? Now how is it possible to keep your Verizon email once you switch to another provider? I'm sick and tired of being held prisoner. This is not okay. I have never been that happy with Verizon. I will admit their customer support is good, but the ability to get good service is not.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Your Domain ... Discontinued?!?!?!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Certainly bad news.

Did you already subscribe?  Supposively it was still suppose to work for now for those who were subscribes.

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2
We thought we had but it hasn't been working. When was this first announced? I just don't understand why would do this. Is there any alternative?
0 Likes
Junglegirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've been told that you can still keep your email after cancelation.  You just don't have to pay or register.  You'll want to confirm for yourself.

Junglegirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since Verizon Your Domain service has been discontinued, what's the process moving forward if you want to retain your Verizon email address after leaving Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: YDS
reindeerdad1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Interesting topic. I have the service, having used it for the last 6 years for my "transferred" email addresses. How do I find our how to transfer my email address to my new FIOS account??????

0 Likes
Re: YDS
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are moving everyone to AOL.  And until you do you will be able to keep your email as long as you access it at least once in 6 months.  Not sure if that is also tha AOL rule.  Aol has a free basic account. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon is totally useless when dealing with Domain issues.  I spoke to 4 people and spent 1.5 hours on the phone to find out why my domain was disconnected.  Two people said it was discontinued and 2 said it was active. The last person I spoke to asked me for my phone number in case the call was dropped.  Of course it was, but I never received a call back.  I will be writing to the FCC about the poor customer service and products Verizon has on the market.  I would write my senator and congressman, but they created this mess when they broke up Ma Bell.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
reindeerdad

Is there any way to request that your "my domain" email account can be transferred to the new AOL mail?

0 Likes